[Tutorial] Lowering CPU usage further

Tomynho

Hey guys,

I was looking for a solution to further lower my CPU usage mainly from the bot, but this can be used for pretty much any process, especially one that you're not actively using (I suggest you don't try this with, let's say, Photoshop, where you need the best performance). 

1. Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) or press Windows+R and type in taskmgr.

2. Right click OSBot and select "Go to process".

416d8cbaef.png

3. Now, you should see the OSBot process (usually java.exe). Right click it and select "Set Affinity..."

4. If you have a multi-core CPU (assuming most or even all of you do), you'll be able to see the cores. 

5. Select one (or two, three...) of the CPUs and hit OK. 

c02578cc0c.png

That's it. :doge:

Okay, this is completely false unless your computer sucks or the process that you're limiting is a vampire and will try to use as much CPU as possible (which btw, is not what OSBot does).

All that does is force the process to run on one core, instead of distributing it to multiple cores. But now the core that the process is limited to has to work harder.

You might be able to save a few CPU cycles because of caching, but then you would probably lose it due to context switching and having to wait for network. Not to mention putting heavier load on a single core.

• Like 1