Runescape - HTML5 > Java

Aloha

Idk where, but I heard runescape may be PS3/xBox compatible soon in the future, doubt it though.

wont happen, microsoft refuse to publish games on the console for free. this was said some years ago. Talks broke down because they didnt want to charge players to 'play' the game on the 360 on top of the membership fee online.

Guest mainniam

it's not getting written in HTML 5. the client is being written in Javascript using the WebGL API. it does however use the HTML 5 canvas element.

Edited by thiefmn6092

• 2 months later...

wont happen, microsoft refuse to publish games on the console for free. this was said some years ago. Talks broke down because they didnt want to charge players to 'play' the game on the 360 on top of the membership fee online.

you dont get do you? html5 is browser issue, not java which is JRE/JDK issue.

you will be able to play on phone/xbox/ps3/any browser which meet the requirements witjout having java

Sorry about gravedigging, but this post seemed very interesting to me.  I think this is Jagex's plea for help from major game system manufacturers, and although they will have no luck with Microsoft, Sony might be just the company to help give them a boost, or if they are the lazy sacks that they have proven not to be with eoc (I know, I hate it too, but it was a huge project.)  They might go to Nintendo for an introduction on the Wii and maybe WiiU.

All I have to say is, fight for your company, Insight Venture Partners.

• 3 weeks later...