Serious question: who else here has quit runescape? I need some advice

NoahTheWeebWolf

As many of you already know I got scammed for a lot of money over the past few weeks. I miraculously got out of debt each time without losing a penny in real life at the cost of quitting runescape though. I am not that sad about it actually. Runescape was very addictive and a huge time waster for me. I mean it didn't interfere with my career/studies but each time I logged on I always knew there were better things I could do with my time but I felt trapped and never felt ready to quit even though the signs were obvious.

Id even go as far as to say my involvement in the game was odd simply due to the fact that at the core I am not a social person. Not only that but I mostly enjoyed doing quest and achievement diaries. Literally everything I did was to prepare for quest,achievement diaries and get all the best gear. Beyond that I never pk'd, hardly did any boss battles(might have done more had I not waited to get max combat and even when I did ironically I barely had the time), I never even joined a clan despite my high levels.

I guess I just got hung up over how crappy I was at runescape back in 05 when I joined(and got banned for being an annoying kid). I tried replaying in 09 on a starter main a friend gave me and low and then stopped shortly after. I finally got back into rs back in 2012 when I discovered the magical world of botting yet also literally a week before EOC came out. That sucked and then 07 came out, and I got super into it(perhaps a little to into it trying to rewrite the past with my crap experience in 05). Needless to say I am no longer that noob with 30 mage as my highest stat and a pirate hat lol. I have long since had my fun and made an awesome account, so I mean my purpose being on runescape ended(though I wish it was under more pleasant circumstances so that I could have pocketed the cash I made off of runescape).

I like not playing rs anymore, but I want to keep it that way. Although I can never see myself playing the game, I did briefly consider gold farming but even that is risky because gold selling is what got me into the shit situation I was the past few weeks. Plus I don't want to get all nostalgic and go back to playing rs (but then comes to the question how the F will I ever get a nice ass account again now that all mine are either banned/sold)?

I was wondering if it's too extreme to perhaps leave OSBot(just so that I no longer have any ties to runescape). I like OSBot and plenty of the friends I made but at the same time Id like to go back to my 2012 era mindset where runescape didn't even exist as far as I was concerned. That said I wanted advice from others on here who have definitely quit runescape for good. What do you do to cope with hearing about runescape?

Weird/serious question I know but yeah I really want to continue being on the OSBot forums(Even if only to advertise for my homie Khal because I can just talk to my few friends on skype). Also if I do leave for good it wont be anything personal and I will leave respectfully(might even request for my account to be permanently deleted if that's an option).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

• Like 1

If you find it that hard to quit, it's simply an addiction.

The only thing that can save you now is Jesus. Best of luck.

Fortunately it hasn't really interfered with my life. It's just a pain in the ass letting go of it after all these years.

But yeah it's sadly grown on me after all this time.

It's far too impractical to go back to runescape again I just want to know how to cope with seeing/hearing about runescape from now on without getting all nostalgic and what not..

Fortunately it hasn't really interfered with my life. It's just a pain in the ass letting go of it after all these years.

But yeah it's sadly grown on me after all this time.

It's far too impractical to go back to runescape again I just want to know how to cope with seeing/hearing about runescape from now on without getting all nostalgic and what not..

Find something else you enjoy to do. For me personally I tried playing again I think my junior year of high school and it simply didn't work out due the little amount of free time I had due to work and education, and I most definitely wasn't going to spend the little time I got socially playing Runescape. 

• Like 1

Sell all your gp and spend all your money and cry about not being a member and being unable to play.

You know, like me.

Play league or something

MFW all my gp went towards paying off my paypal debt from scammers.

I cri everytime.

Saving up for a ps4 now. After what I dealt with on runescape I can't do anymore MMO's. The female characters in that game are really pretty though =(.

Masturbate.

That's like asking a bird to fly. It's just something that'll naturally happen over time.

Not a bad idea though =).

runescape is like a boomerang, you throw it behind u and it always comes back to rupture your ass.  Iv quit multiple times but came back when major updates occur (07 etc), now its kinda a drag opening up the bot starting scripts etc so ill probs quit this summer (aus). just gotta press delete and never come back :)

• Like 1

Well that's exactly how I felt about a year ago.

Simply find something else you can do, like a sport or maybe another game that you enjoy smile.png

or try to make some scripts? Maybe you can enjoy that smile.png

Khaleesi QwPha8E.png

I like your suggestions but I can already say I wont be getting into scripting(not just because it involves runescape but there're other reasons).

I am saving up to get a ps4 and there are finals I am already preparing for a month in advance so I guess these are the things I will focus on. I did have fun replaying donkey kong country earlier despite the cheap as deaths in that game.

I am glad there're other people out there who have experience with quitting runescape successfully. If over time I really struggle though deleting my OSBot account is going to be my next step(Really going to try not to though because I want to continue advertising for you and I put far too much effort in my reputation here to just vanish). Like I said though if I did get my account deleted(where there's not even a sign it ever even existed aside from memory) no scam quits will happen... I am not an asshole scammer after all.