Looking @ Buying A Laptop - Advice NEEDED!

war lord 944

Hey guys,

I'm not the most computer savvy person when it comes to reading all the specifications and knowing what exactly will be suiting my needs. 

What I am wanting essentially though is a laptop, not a pc, that can easily run runescape at the highest FPS.

With that being said, if it can run multiple tabs of OSBOT  it would be even better without lagging and being able to cop with me streaming a movie at the same time.

I have a budget of roughly 1000-1300 AUD.

So far i've been having a look @ http://www.harveynorman.com.au/computers-tablets/computers/laptops/toshiba-satellite-l50-c050-laptop.html

I know I've been pretty vague as to what i want, but just any guidance would be much appreciated cause ill be honest i have no idea what the fuck I'm doing haha

If you could post links of laptops below ill check them out, more then likely ill be buying the laptop based on them :):):) 

Try to go for a very powerfull processor, if you're more looking to play games such as runescape. If you prefer to play some more graphical games on it, search for a higher nvidia gpu.

But if you're sure that you want to mainly play runescape on it; go for a i7 processor. Might aswell go for 8-16 gb (future proof?) 8 should be fine though normally

• Like 1

Try to go for a very powerfull processor, if you're more looking to play games such as runescape. If you prefer to play some more graphical games on it, search for a higher nvidia gpu.

But if you're sure that you want to mainly play runescape on it; go for a i7 processor. Might aswell go for 8-16 gb (future proof?) 8 should be fine though normally

Thanks for the info!

Any select laptops that have 8-16gb  and a powerful processor with that higher nvidia gpu that you could recommend, or even just advise me towards? <3

My price range is between 1000-1300 AUD.

Thanks for the info!

Any select laptops that have 8-16gb  and a powerful processor with that higher nvidia gpu that you could recommend, or even just advise me towards? QwPha8E.png

My price range is between 1000-1300 AUD.

I could take a look but then you'd need to give me some sites from which you'd purchase a laptop, since i'm from the netherlands. Then i can look into their assortment. (:

http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-x555lj-x555lj-dm461t-intel-core-i7-5500u-156-full-hd-notebook-windows-10

How does this sound lads?

I could take a look but then you'd need to give me some sites from which you'd purchase a laptop, since i'm from the netherlands. Then i can look into their assortment. (:

http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-x555lj-x555lj-dm461t-intel-core-i7-5500u-156-full-hd-notebook-windows-10

Thats what i am currently looking at, also the site - i am from Australia.

Also another australian store :P -http://www.harveynorman.com.au/computers-tablets/computers/laptops

DUDE! You have no idea how much this means, thanks a heap!

If you are just playing runescape, getting a dedicated graphics card is a very bad idea. Also more than 8gb of RAM is a waster too, you also won't need more than an i5-high end i3 CPU. Iw ould use the rest of the budget for betyter screen, hard drive etc.

I would suggest something like this with the 250gb SSD: http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-pu551la-intel-core-i5-4210u-156-fhd-business-notebook-win-78-pro

Edited by Diclonius

My bad, i thought you were going to spend 1000USD, didnt see it was Australian :P

Go for an i3, might find an i5. Its pretty much up to you; do you want it to be fast and have medium storage or do you want it to be a little slower and have 2x more storage? (if fast is what you want, go for an SSD)

In my opinion, expensive laptops are a waste of money. Everything is on the board, so besides RAM and HDD there is no upgrade path.

Since you seem determined to get a laptop though, I'll give some pointers:

- Laptop GPU's are typically dumbed-down versions of their Desktop counter-parts. Make sure its actually good enough to do X (use online benchmarks, making sure you have the "M" or Mobile version).

- Test it at a local store if possible. You can order it online once your done, but its best to test that it feels right before getting it. Also, keyboards that feel cheap typically are, get ready to order replacements (my last laptop I used ~6 keyboard but I do a bit of typing).

- Make sure the brand has decent support. It might be cheaper in the beginning, but when shit breaks its nice to be able to just send it in instead of pulling hair out. See how their customer support ranks, remember you're not only buying hardware but a warranty/support too.

I might of missed a few things but these are the big ones in my opinion. Specs are good, but there is more than high specs.

If you are just playing runescape, getting a dedicated graphics card is a very bad idea. Also more than 8gb of RAM is a waster too, you also won't need more than an i5-high end i3 CPU. Iw ould use the rest of the budget for betyter screen, hard drive etc.

I would suggest something like this with the 250gb SSD: http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-pu551la-intel-core-i5-4210u-156-fhd-business-notebook-win-78-pro

I think I might want a graphics card, just to 'future proof' it so that i get the most use of it incase I do turn to more graphic heavy games.

I guess my real issue is finding a 8G RAM laptop, with an SSD that also has a decent graphic card all within the price of 1000-1300 AUD.

My bad, i thought you were going to spend 1000USD, didnt see it was Australian tongue.png

Go for an i3, might find an i5. Its pretty much up to you; do you want it to be fast and have medium storage or do you want it to be a little slower and have 2x more storage? (if fast is what you want, go for an SSD)

Storage isn't all that much of a need, more so id say speed so an SSD would be preferred. 

Just trying to find that laptop within my price range with all those specs as i listed above is a bit of a bummer with my price range, might have to settle for less.

In my opinion, expensive laptops are a waste of money. Everything is on the board, so besides RAM and HDD there is no upgrade path.

Since you seem determined to get a laptop though, I'll give some pointers:

- Laptop GPU's are typically dumbed-down versions of their Desktop counter-parts. Make sure its actually good enough to do X (use online benchmarks, making sure you have the "M" or Mobile version).

- Test it at a local store if possible. You can order it online once your done, but its best to test that it feels right before getting it. Also, keyboards that feel cheap typically are, get ready to order replacements (my last laptop I used ~6 keyboard but I do a bit of typing).

- Make sure the brand has decent support. It might be cheaper in the beginning, but when shit breaks its nice to be able to just send it in instead of pulling hair out. See how their customer support ranks, remember you're not only buying hardware but a warranty/support too.

I might of missed a few things but these are the big ones in my opinion. Specs are good, but there is more than high specs.

Holy shit 6 keyboards lmao?

Thanks for the pointers mate will keep it in mind, couldn't agree more about getting a feel of one in person before i buy it.

buy asus rog laptops. The cheap version of alienware. Got one for 1.3k gta 5 full hd, runescape ofc full hd. running tons of bots with no problem. ASUS ROG is the way to go if you want a laptop for gaming.

Is that 1300 USD or AUD, cause if its USD its gonna be a bit over my budget.

Would you be able to post a link where you bought it? Cheers