Debt has been paid off!

NoahTheWeebWolf

So If the gold belongs to Runescape what gives you the right to sell it? How can you sell what doesn't belong to you? I understand that some arguments are they since you've put the time and effort into generating the gold you have the right to sell it, but you don't because it's not your property.

It's a complex matter. Yes, Jagex owns runescape and all the items within it but the gold isn't leaving the game it's only changing hands so it's not really stealing. If it were stealing, then all the big gold sellers would be shut down for a fuck ton of theft law suits against them. The bottom line is because the gold remains in the game it is still very much within jagex's possession so it's never considered stolen as it's continuously within jagex's possession and never leaves it.

The property rights over runescape are more relevant in terms of bans since because they own the game, they're free to do whatever they want with accounts and vitually anything else in the game, but that's where their power ends and begins. Jagex is not an enforcer/creator of the law, they're just a private entity with dominion over their own game.

I vaguely remember string of law suits jagex once filed a few years ago on several large gold farmers, but it's important to remember many of these people were credit card hackers so when the accounts got banned the cards that paid membership were reported stolen and then jagex lost a very unhealthy amount of money that I think almost bankrupted them. Those are definitely cases of theft and Jagex had every right to pursue them. Selling gold for cash doesn't really hurt jagex(case in point look at bonds, which is essentially legit RWT sponsored by jagex themselves).

Good luck buddy, but how much are you down total? Have you made any profits from gold selling at all? Was your experience worth it?

Thanks Maldesto,

I just sold 238m, and I am currently at $289 in debt on paypal.

if my math is right I will have roughly $261.8, and then I can repeat the process.

or I could just pay off the debt instantly and not have to worry anymore but then not be able to buy and sell gold for a while. I think I might do that if I can sell other things and make $200(A friend is willing to sell a new GTA V bundle ps4 for that). I am still curious what n64 games you want to buy and what price we could agree on(like I said I sent you prices but never heard back). I will send you a list of all the n64 games I have.

Another reason I want to pay this debt off ASAP is because if it goes on too long and reaches an external collections agency my credit score will get really messed up which we can't have.