Finished my new script, but how do I type faster?

imJordanB

Hello!

I've been working hard on learning how to use OSBot and i've just finished my latest script, HOWEVER, I am using getKeyboard().typeString and realised how slow it types. I am looking for something that types a lot faster, and was wondering how I would make it type a lot faster than it currently does (which isn't fast at all).

ANY help is appreciated as always, and I thank you for helping me learn Java and the OSBot api

Hello!

I've been working hard on learning how to use OSBot and i've just finished my latest script, HOWEVER, I am using getKeyboard().typeString and realised how slow it types. I am looking for something that types a lot faster, and was wondering how I would make it type a lot faster than it currently does (which isn't fast at all).

ANY help is appreciated as always, and I thank you for helping me learn Java and the OSBot api

Wouldnt you change something like the sleeping condition? Lower the time before it re-starts that part.

Thanks for the idea. I will have a look at it, however, I doubt this is going to make it type fast, this is more making the typing look human (by making mistakes), I don't want mistakes in mine, I want it to type really fast (almost instant), as this is going to be ran on trash accounts so I don't care about how human-like it looks :)

Thanks for the idea. I will have a look at it, however, I doubt this is going to make it type fast, this is more making the typing look human (by making mistakes), I don't want mistakes in mine, I want it to type really fast (almost instant), as this is going to be ran on trash accounts so I don't care about how human-like it looks smile.png

Someone had the source for an instant typer once upon a time, not sure how it was done but try looking into KeyEvents?

Try something like this? (This is probably what typeString does, but with a substantial delay between each key)

void typeFast(String str) {
    for(char c : str.toCharArray()) {
        getKeyboard().typeKey(c);
    }
    getKeyboard().typeKey((char)KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);
}
Edited by FrostBug

Try something like this? (This is probably what typeString does, but with a substantial delay between each key)

void typeFast(String str) {
    for(char c : str.toCharArray()) {
        getKeyboard().typeKey(c);
    }
    getKeyboard().typeKey((char)KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);
}

typeKey() still has the delay afaik (hence why my SmartKeyboard is still pretty slow).

Also, when pressing enter, you want to send 13 & 10 in rapid succession (\r\n):

getKeyboard().typeKey((char)13);
getKeyboard().typeKey((char)10);

typeKey() still has the delay afaik (hence why my SmartKeyboard is still pretty slow).

Also, when pressing enter, you want to send 13 & 10 in rapid succession (\r\n):

getKeyboard().typeKey((char)13);
getKeyboard().typeKey((char)10);

if typekey has a delay, just simulate it instead

getKeyboard().pressKey(c);
getKeyboard().releaseKey(c);

I'll assume typekey does the same, but with a delay inbetween the two

Also, do you have a source for the \r\n thing? I really kind of doubt it's necessary. What reason would the game applet have to not simply listen for the VK_ENTER keypress? That's all the actual keyboard key triggers.

Edited by FrostBug

if typekey has a delay, just simulate it instead

I'll assume typekey does the same, but with a delay inbetween the two

Also, do you have a source for the \r\n thing? I really kind of doubt it's necessary. What reason would the game applet have to not simply listen for the VK_ENTER keypress? That's all the actual keyboard key triggers.

For some reason

Does not work for me (maybe I am doing something wrong)

However this does:

private void typeStringInstant(String output){

for(int i = 0; i < output.length(); i ++){

char c = output.charAt(i);
        int code = KeyEvent.getExtendedKeyCodeForChar(c);
        // Type the character
        getBot().getKeyEventHandler().generateBotKeyEvent(400, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, code, c);
    }

// Press enter
    getBot().getKeyEventHandler().generateBotKeyEvent(401, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, 10, '\u0000', 1);
    // Release enter
    getBot().getKeyEventHandler().generateBotKeyEvent(402, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, 10, '\u0000', 1);
}

Edit: GIF demonstration: https://gyazo.com/36757b8e49c1abbcc4b0a4090bb6322e

Edited by Explv

For some reason

Does not work for me (maybe I am doing something wrong)

However this does:

private void typeStringInstant(String output){

for(int i = 0; i < output.length(); i ++){

char c = output.charAt(i);
        int code = KeyEvent.getExtendedKeyCodeForChar(c);
        getBot().getKeyEventHandler().generateBotKeyEvent(400, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, code, c);
    }

// Press the enter key
    getBot().getKeyEventHandler().generateBotKeyEvent(401, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, 10, '\u0000', 1);
}

Edit: GIF demonstration: https://gyazo.com/36757b8e49c1abbcc4b0a4090bb6322e

You might want to generate a release key event as well (See TypeKeyEvent, which also acquires exclusive access to the KeyEventHandler, that could be a good idea as well).