i7 4790k Vs New skylake i7 6700K

Elaatl

The different in price for me is 70$ do you think it worth then?

Well if you have no trouble affording it. As i said, it is a little bit better and its quite new. In that case it will be somehow better for the long run too. As i said, if $70 isn't much for you then go for it.

Edited by Keven

Skylake is a bit better at everything, and the new Z170 chipset is has some good new features compared to older Z97 motherboards. Keep in mind you have to get an aftermarket cooler for Skylake, as it doesn't come with Boxed cooler anymore. 

Aha thats why its only 70$ different oh well gona see on my budget and see if skylake is worth for me

It requires ddr4 ram which is pretty expensive I upgraded my pc to an i5 last week. I was choosing between the 4690k and the new 6600k, I went for the 4690k cause it didn't require me to buy new ram and the performance diffrence was minimal, skylake shows huge improvement in the integrated graphics tho so if you're gonna use a seperate graphics card with it it's not worth the extra money.

Edited by Rudie

It requires ddr4 ram which is pretty expensive I upgraded my pc to an i5 last week. I was choosing between the 4690k and the new 6600k, I went for the 4690k cause it didn't require me to buy new ram and the performance diffrence was minimal, skylake shows huge improvement in the integrated graphics tho so if you're gonna use a seperate graphics card with it it's not worth the extra money.

Actually DDR4 isn't very expensive anymore, it's about the same price as DDR3, but obviously if you already have DDR3 it makes sense to get 4690k. 

Btw still rocking my Ivy Bridge i5-3570k.

Actually DDR4 isn't very expensive anymore, it's about the same price as DDR3, but obviously if you already have DDR3 it makes sense to get 4690k.

Btw still rocking my Ivy Bridge i5-3570k.

I already had high speed ddr3 ram so I indeed didnt feel the need to get new ram for slightly better performance. I also overclocked my new i5 to 4.6 ghz so the performance now is somewhat identical except for the integrated graphics which I dont use anyway cause I have a seperate graphics card :p Edited by Rudie