Trying to make a new logo

Bobrocket

I'm trying to make a new logo for my scripts, getting a bit stuck :p

pCZR4r2.png

For starters:

• I have no idea what to do with the top circle. Ideas?
  • I know it's out of proportion (> 180x180), will fix it later.
  • The logo itself is supposed to showcase 3 things unique about my scripts: customisability (the cog), thinking outside the box (the broken up circle), and simplicity (the top circle, no idea how I could represent it)

Criticism is welcome, as I would like to make something nice :) I am not a designer by any means, but I think something like this could very well work.

What icon will this be used for? (What type of script is this icon being made for?)

-I'd personally make the fill of the shapes a bit transparent

-Different background picture relating to the script

-Make the shapes a bit smaller to allow text to be added for the name/author

But nonetheless, this is a nice design.

• Like 2

What icon will this be used for? (What type of script is this icon being made for?)

-I'd personally make the fill of the shapes a bit transparent

-Different background picture relating to the script

-Make the shapes a bit smaller to allow text to be added for the name/author

But nonetheless, this is a nice design.

This is going to be for all of my scripts. See in my signature how I just have a box with "OMNI" and then the name in the centre? I want to have a logo instead, so people can recognise my scripts by the logo instead of the text :p

In the final version, the logo will be smaller for space for text. This is just a mockup. The background too is just a test (and will relate to the script ofc)

I'd say make the circles bigger/smaller depending on the direction your script's are going.

But in general, there should be a general bigger element and smaller elements to accompany the big one.

Right. I picked a design like this because it shows how three "elements" work together in unity, plus I got the inspiration from Sonic Heroes :p

What I really need to figure out is what I should put for the third circle - the "simplicity" circle. Maybe I could just leave it as it is and layer that circle at the bottom?

Thanks for the feedback though guys :)

• 3 weeks later...