With which monthly salary do you consider yourself earning good money.

Oliver

At the moment, my income is about €2500-3500 nett, with my full time job and side jobs(this depends on the nett amount). I live in the Netherlands. The average is about €2000 nett here(monthly). 

Right now I'm happy with the money I make but it can always be better. Hopefully within the next years I will be making at least 4000 nett a month. 

Edited by elixed

BIlls I pay:

$400/month - car

$250/month - car insurance

$50/month - phone

So that's $700, and only bills I have to pay.

If I move out, I'll need to pay $500-700/month for rent, assuming I'm living with someone.

I currently only make $1,600/month before taxes, so it's closer to like $1,200.

I'm either going to need to find a 2nd job or get a raise in order to move out xd

So based off of that, in California, if you have car + insurance + rent to pay, you'll probably be wanting to be making ~$3,000/month to be earning "good" money.

But that's about half of the belief that $75,000/year is the maximum amount to be able to live happily.

Minimum wage is $9 per hour in California so I assume you are just working part time right now? Shouldn't be too hard to add on a 2nd job with a night shift/whatever to get up to those 40 hours a week. 

Not sure what your current living conditions are but living on your own or with a roommate has been much better, for me, than living at home.

Minimum wage is $9 per hour in California so I assume you are just working part time right now? Shouldn't be too hard to add on a 2nd job with a night shift/whatever to get up to those 40 hours a week. 

Not sure what your current living conditions are but living on your own or with a roommate has been much better, for me, than living at home.

Working full-time @ $10/hour

I commute 3 hours per day to get to & from work (hour & half each way), so hard to work 2nd job.

I'm living with my parents & carpool with my step-dad, so I don't pay for gas / rent.

I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to get out of school so she can get a job so we can move close to my work.

At that point, I'll start going back to school so I can get a better job position at my work, hopefully. XD

• Like 1

Working full-time @ $10/hour

I commute 3 hours per day to get to & from work (hour & half each way), so hard to work 2nd job.

I'm living with my parents & carpool with my step-dad, so I don't pay for gas / rent.

I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to get out of school so she can get a job so we can move close to my work.

At that point, I'll start going back to school so I can get a better job position at my work, hopefully. XD

what do you do for a living?

BIlls I pay:

$400/month - car

$250/month - car insurance

$50/month - phone

So that's $700, and only bills I have to pay.

If I move out, I'll need to pay $500-700/month for rent, assuming I'm living with someone.

I currently only make $1,600/month before taxes, so it's closer to like $1,200.

I'm either going to need to find a 2nd job or get a raise in order to move out xd

So based off of that, in California, if you have car + insurance + rent to pay, you'll probably be wanting to be making ~$3,000/month to be earning "good" money.

But that's about half of the belief that $75,000/year is the Minimum amount to be able to live happily.

fixed