Is my Graphiccard good enough for a 4k monitor?

Oliver

Thank you!

No way this was ultra!!! I would expect that performance on low or medium. The new gtx 980ti barely gets those framerates on ultra with msaa.

You'll be able to power a 4k display fine for desktop and movies. As for gaming, you probably won't be able to do much past simple games (or AAA games on low) at 4k.

Ps, cpu doesn't do shit past an i5 in gaming performance. In rendering, that's a different story.

Lelelelelel

gta-v-bench-1440-u.jpg

Oh and that's 1440p. Which is like... 2.5/4K

I suggest 1440p, it's a big improvement over 720/1080 but it's small enough that gpu's get decent performance on them. But if you want 4k just for the productivity, you could just run your games at 1080p.

but I can run my rest of the computer (not gaming just my daily base/browsing the internet and so on) on best resolution (4k) ?

No way this was ultra!!! I would expect that performance on low or medium. The new gtx 980ti barely gets those framerates on ultra with msaa.

You'll be able to power a 4k display fine for desktop and movies. As for gaming, you probably won't be able to do much past simple games (or AAA games on low) at 4k.

Ps, cpu doesn't do shit past an i5 in gaming performance. In rendering, that's a different story.

Lelelelelel

gta-v-bench-1440-u.jpg

Oh and that's 1440p. Which is like... 2.5/4K

The games it tested were like 5 or 6 years old. I have no clue of the settings they were ran on as the article didn't say.

I don't know who benchmarks a game and plays on the lowest settings though.

Edited by twin 763