Jagex Only Bans Bots based on Mouse Speed

prograzzy

• 3 weeks later...

This could be a method they use but I doubt it is main method of finding bots. It seems inefficient for finding bots because it could potentially mistake a real person for a bot which doesn't happen.

I think if I was Jagex, I would look for methods to detect the bot client, amount of log in time per day, and IP's.

Edited by Uchiha Sasuke

JaGeX can only detect the time between two objects. Not the mouse speed itself. So loop sleeping does the trick.

but they can still calculate the distance your going from one to the next so really they could why you be so wrong mr. scrtipt developer :doge: :doge:

:doge: power :doge:

Edited by Jesse

Why would it matter if they calculate the distance from one point to another point on the screen?

because if someone mouse speed is unrealistic fast and still performing actions perfectly wouldn't that sound kinda weird :doge:

plus they do mouse profiling to check if other people are doing the same mouse movements/speeds aswell

because if someone mouse speed is unrealistic fast and still performing actions perfectly wouldn't that sound kinda weird :doge:

plus they do mouse profiling to check if other people are doing the same mouse movements/speeds aswell

Mouse profiling makes sense for the mouse movements but I just don't think speed really goes into it.

I guess I just don't really understand what you are saying about distance because getting distance from one point to another and then calculating the speed based off of that distance just seems so ineffcient and unrealistic thing to do for catching bots. It makes more sense to look at the points where the mouse clicks are occuring (so you can look for recursion) and also looking for client detection instead.