I started lifting

pitoluwa

3 weeks done, i'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 plan, u proud of me bros?

I wasn't adding kilos after first 3-4 workouts - just to get my body prepared to lifting

Okay so I started 07.04.2015 with:

Squat 20

BP 20

Barbell Row 11

Overhead 20

Deadlift 20

21/23.04.2015 it's

Squat 32,5

BP 30

Barbell 22,5

Overhead 22,5

Deadlift 30

06.05.2015:

Squat 47.5kg

BP 35

Barbell 30

Overhead 30 (didn't made 5x5 tho :C)

Deadlift 45

Edited by pitoluwa

I really don't like 5x5's, especially for beginners. I honestly think you're better off just working out normally, 4 day splits 12 sets per workout etc. i feel like 5x5 only gives strength not much muscle mass and when you're bulking/starting it's muscle mass that's what you want. Espesh since gains are gonna come fast for a beginner. Goodluck though hope it goes well :)

I really don't like 5x5's, especially for beginners. I honestly think you're better off just working out normally, 4 day splits 12 sets per workout etc. i feel like 5x5 only gives strength not much muscle mass and when you're bulking/starting it's muscle mass that's what you want. Espesh since gains are gonna come fast for a beginner. Goodluck though hope it goes well smile.png

You can get good mass off 5x5... and the point for a beginner would be to get you stronger, specifically focusing on your core and assisting muscles like traps so that your body can develop and adapt, and you can then change to any other program and be able to push yourself with proper form for optimal gains.

• Like 1

You can get good mass off 5x5... and the point for a beginner would be to get you stronger, specifically focusing on your core and assisting muscles like traps so that your body can develop and adapt, and you can then change to any other program and be able to push yourself with proper form for optimal gains.

right in the point!

• Like 1