Ban Theory by Gnomedesto

Gnomedesto

prevent what, I must ask? I'll try to answer what I think you're getting at. A random sleep generator anywhere from 1 second to 6 seconds will generate anything between those two numbers. Over a long time, the graph it creates looks just like the graph of 100 dice rolls. It looks bot-like and produces a predictable graph that can be profiled to what other botter's graphs look like.

Because sleep 1-6 over a period of time is still just a period of 1-6. A human might have a random say "15" or "28" or something. If you ran a bot for 12 hours and during that whole time there was only a sleep period of 1-6 that's quite unrealistic. See what I'm saying?

Ah I get what you're saying now

• Like 1

Nice one OT, not sure wether or not you copied it from another major botting client(not allowed to mention) who currently has a system just like this or you came up with it yourself.

I agree with what you're saying. I think a major contributing factor to this is people's desire to get max exp gains while botting. If a script operates at anything under maximum efficiency people throw a shit fit. Realistically it would not be difficult to develop "profiles" that switch every so often in a script to simulate things like a human becoming bored, thus having slower reaction times, a human becoming more focused and thus having faster reaction times etc. However as I stated people would bitch non-stop about not getting the most xp/ph possible, even though their account would likely be significantly safer.

Well, how about a check box? If you want anti-ban or not, because that is what this is, an anti-ban. Khaleesi added this to all his scripts so if you want to YOLO your account, you can and if you want to play it safe - then check the box. :)

• Like 2

A good theory, but here are some things to consider.

Probability is just that, the chance. You have equal chances to roll any side of a die, but it is still possible to roll a four 76 times in a row.

Moving on, let me ask you all a question. Have you ever played legit and wood cut for 10 hours straight or power mined for 10 hours straight? 99.4% of people have not. (speculation I'd bet money on)

When woodcutting, do you usually sit at the tree and wait for it to respawn, or do you go and find another tree to maintain profit and/or xp while minimizing idle time?

Someone mentioned anti-ban which is a funny thing. When I play, I hardly ever move the camera, check my xp, check my friends, or anything. I sit there and wait for my inventory to fill up, use a macro to drop all my items in 2 seconds, click the resource and begin waiting all over again. Understandably though, if all bots did this that would be a huge red flag, just saying that's how I play "legit".

To me, the biggest contributor to bans is being reported. Side note, those people that ask if you're a bot, how would you respond if you were muted... The next biggest one would be following patterns that large amounts of previously banned bots followed, and obviously having your ip flagged.

Maybe those people who make a brand new account to suicide bot and transfer whatever they made before they get banned in a day or two are the biggest contributor. I'd bet jagex let's them make it for that long to gather sufficient data on them and builds a control pattern to compare other suspected bots to. If they fit, they get a ban.

• Like 2

A good theory, but here are some things to consider.

Probability is just that, the chance. You have equal chances to roll any side of a die, but it is still possible to roll a four 76 times in a row.

Moving on, let me ask you all a question. Have you ever played legit and wood cut for 10 hours straight or power mined for 10 hours straight? 99.4% of people have not. (speculation I'd bet money on)

When woodcutting, do you usually sit at the tree and wait for it to respawn, or do you go and find another tree to maintain profit and/or xp while minimizing idle time?

Someone mentioned anti-ban which is a funny thing. When I play, I hardly ever move the camera, check my xp, check my friends, or anything. I sit there and wait for my inventory to fill up, use a macro to drop all my items in 2 seconds, click the resource and begin waiting all over again. Understandably though, if all bots did this that would be a huge red flag, just saying that's how I play "legit".

To me, the biggest contributor to bans is being reported. Side note, those people that ask if you're a bot, how would you respond if you were muted... The next biggest one would be following patterns that large amounts of previously banned bots followed, and obviously having your ip flagged.

Maybe those people who make a brand new account to suicide bot and transfer whatever they made before they get banned in a day or two are the biggest contributor. I'd bet jagex let's them make it for that long to gather sufficient data on them and builds a control pattern to compare other suspected bots to. If they fit, they get a ban.

Tyvm for the post.

Nice one OT, not sure wether or not you copied it from another major botting client(not allowed to mention) who currently has a system just like this or you came up with it yourself.

Well, how about a check box? If you want anti-ban or not, because that is what this is, an anti-ban. Khaleesi added this to all his scripts so if you want to YOLO your account, you can and if you want to play it safe - then check the box. smile.png

I agree, a script could have an option for either a higher $/per hour, or a slightly lower $/per hour but safer operation. 

Guest SGTBarnes21B

I agree, a script could have an option for either a higher $/per hour, or a slightly lower $/per hour but safer operation. 

Nailed it.

Humans are inclined to lean a particular way. So when it comes to time between completing tasks and beginning another, it's not going to look like the graph of 100 dice rolls. It may look more like this:

2wr42f5.jpg

29o5rub.png

To be honest, I thought sripters already used this algorithm/pattern... and if not, why the hell not?!

Thanks for bringing this up.

I swear i've thought about this for years, but you finally put it out there. Like someone commented above, I really think scripts should gain personal profiles. It's not very human like to bot for 2-3 hours then breaking, botting 2-3 more hours then breaking, and so on ALL at the same moderate pace with a couple minor few second differentiates. I remember there being a bot for runescape before EOC called RID (Robots in disguise, or something like that) where the company highly stated that every script put into their client was linked with their "personal profiles". Meaning every time you start a script, that specific bot is given a unique human-like profile. Whether it being you like your screen dragged up to the highest peak at most times, or being very slow at commands. I think that something of this sort should be implemented, from fast and focused for 20 minutes, to lazy and far behind on performance. 

To be honest, I thought sripters already used this algorithm/pattern... and if not, why the hell not?!

Thanks for bringing this up.

I think most scripters use random number generators; however, I don't know. 

I swear i've thought about this for years, but you finally put it out there. Like someone commented above, I really think scripts should gain personal profiles. It's not very human like to bot for 2-3 hours then breaking, botting 2-3 more hours then breaking, and so on ALL at the same moderate pace with a couple minor few second differentiates. I remember there being a bot for runescape before EOC called RID (Robots in disguise, or something like that) where the company highly stated that every script put into their client was linked with their "personal profiles". Meaning every time you start a script, that specific bot is given a unique human-like profile. Whether it being you like your screen dragged up to the highest peak at most times, or being very slow at commands. I think that something of this sort should be implemented, from fast and focused for 20 minutes, to lazy and far behind on performance. 

I mean..I'm talking about sleep in terms of after an action is completed and the next one starts (like climbing down a ladder and then clicking somewhere on the minimap). Coding has sleep after a particular task before starting the next. I think most premium scripts do have dynamics in them that make them more personal, but they still use random number generators which make a predictable graph. I'm just saying this out of speculation. I'm not sure what the best scripters do. I simply think they are using random number generators. Who am I to say though.

• Like 1

3: Play accounts legitimately for 100+ hours total. edit: (THIS IS BEFORE YOU BOT FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THAT ACCOUNT)

5: Before botting: skill the same thing that your about to bot for at least 2 hours, don't go to commonly banned areas to bot.

7: Although I haven't done this EVERY time, after you're done botting, skill the same thing you just botted for 1+ hours.

The reason I'm posting is because I see a problem with this part in the Theory, and I'd really like someone to prove me wrong so that I'd feel better about botting but:

It's been proven that jagex logs your movements over time, and it's going to be very easy for them to tell when the bot is actually playing, and when you take over for the bot and start playing.

The bot, whatever script it may be, has it's own patterns, it's own way of doing specific things whatever you're botting, and it doing this over and over again and then suddenly after hours of botting, they see this sudden change in pattern (when you take over for the bot) and start doing things how you would. Talking to people, taking different paths, whatever it may be just playing differently in general.

How would changing the bots pattern and playing legitimately before/after a botting session prove any more safe than having those characteristics of the bot playing the entire time?

EDIT: Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty outta it right now from my current regimine of painkillers; but I'd be happy to explain it differently later after some sleep if anyone has any questions. :D

Edited by cooter