Got temp banned

klutched

Got temp banned last night while botting, should I stop botting for a while? I was botting an old account from late last yr, switching skills up, doing quests etc. Would bot multiple skills per day not just one thing all day. Thinking when I get unbanned I should just play legit for a while and then bot again in 2-3 weeks? 

Also have a dynamic IP, should I restart net for a new IP?

What do you guys reckon? 

Last night? What timezone are you in? 

Mod weath said on twitter the evidence for a temp ban is exactly the same as a for a major, just he applies them at his discretion..so bear that in mind as you probably won't receive any mercy should he catch you again.

This is likely where purchasing membership via bonds or via actual cash comes into play. They want to keep around the people that are buying their membership with rl money.

This is likely where purchasing membership via bonds or via actual cash comes into play. They want to keep around the people that are buying their membership with rl money.

I disagree. Those people who buy membership via bonds create a market for those who pay for bonds through the Jagex website in the first place.

No bond buyer market, then there would be no cash going to Jagex. Jagex needs in-game bonds buyers.

I disagree. Those people who buy membership via bonds create a market for those who pay for bonds through the Jagex website in the first place.

No bond buyer market, then there would be no cash going to Jagex. Jagex needs in-game bonds buyers.

It's very hard to prove obviously but I can guarentee you that jagex would rather keep someone around that has their credit card/etc. linked to their account for a reoccuring membership over those people that just buy a 10m bond. If you are suspected of botting by wealth and he sees that your membership is via a bond, what other conclusions do you think he will come to? Was that rsgp purchased through RWT to pay for this bond? That, along with many other conclusions is likely what factors into deciding the temp bans (whether they admit it or not) and perm bans.

Why do you think f2p accounts are perm banned right away? It's all about money in their pockets.

Edited by rsgodd

You are very lucky to get a temp ban imo. But the next time you bot, there won't be no temp ban, it will be a perm. Don't bot that account anymore, and if you want to continue to bot just start some accounts with some combat levels-let them sit for 5 days or so and then start botting them. Your call, just speaking from experience.