Private Scripts

Takeoff

Anne already explained why. 

I don't like the SDN suggestion because then higher ranks would be able to see it, leak it, sell it privately as their 'own'. Money is money, technically it's not scamming and honestly, RuneScape isn't the most 'honest' community, people lie, cheat and scam daily so I wouldn't trust that. However, I would rather pay the scripter $25 and OSBot $25(even though OSBot's share is way lower in the SDN) and get the script sent to me privately. One guy is easier to trust than 5. 

You're not being cynical and yes it's one of the many reasons. The other reasons include common disagreement between the parties involved (purchaser and scripter). We simply can't enforce every individual agreement between the two; it's already a full-time job doing so for the market. If you decide to participate in private sales, just ensure you understand that the staff will not help you if the trade goes sour.

Also, we normally don't like to punish our members over it but solicitation can warrant some hefty warning points. 

I don't like the SDN suggestion because then higher ranks would be able to see it, leak it, sell it privately as their 'own'. Money is money, technically it's not scamming and honestly, RuneScape isn't the most 'honest' community, people lie, cheat and scam daily so I wouldn't trust that. 

You know how ridiculous this is right? None of us would even want to look at the code for Timmy's Karambwan Buyer. Private scripts are generally written just enough to work so the scripter can cash out while public scripts require much more maintenance. 

• Like 4