How to use a private proxy with Mirror client

Fused

Step 1. Download Maxthon browser. Its the only one to my knowledge that lets you use a proxy that requires a username and pass. 
http://www.maxthon.com/

Step 2. Download Java 32 bit. I had to use 32 bit since the browser is only available in 32 bit. You need your mirrored browser and java to be the same exact bit format, so in our case it has to be 32.

Step 3. Buy a good private Sock5 proxy.

Step 4. Open up your newly install Maxthon browser, then left click menu in the top right and hover your mouse over "proxy" and click on "manage"

0c7e83b51a4570cf71a41b41f98a37c7.png

Step 5. Select "Use custom proxy", then select "Add".
fae14dbf8dd6e202b972cae5fd55ee96.png

Step 6. Now fill out all of the information and change the type to "Sock5" and press ok once you've filled out all of the information correctly.
2f1ba1f516ec9e214cab61e442d3d404.png

Step 7. Left click your new saved proxy and then click "enable"
68597e1bb4b765852d3b34a21d00cf3b.png

Step 8. Google search "my ip" and if you've done everything correctly you will see the IP of your private proxy instead of your own.

Step 9. Launch Osbot and select mirror client and it will mirror the one open in Maxthon browser and you should have your Proxy set up and running. 

Also just a random thought I had is that you may be able to use any type of proxy that is compatible with the browser since Sock5 is mandatory for the Osbot client but since you will be using the browser you could possibly use a dirrent type of proxy Ex: Http, Socks4, etc. I haven't tested this theory yet but give it a shot if you want. 

Hope this guide works for you guys as its running smoothly for me. Cheers

• Like 1

This will not work as a proxy for the client. You will connect through the browser with a proxy to load the OSRS client but the OSRS client its connection will not be through the proxy. We will introduce proxying per tab in the future for the mirror client.

Well, you guys need to update this ASAP. I want to test the mirror client but I am NOT running any bots unless I can do it through proxies. 

• Like 1