yoyoyo

fixthissite

A few people have asked me things like where I went to school and how long have I've been programming, as well as why I'm here seeing how I don't bot nor play RuneScape anymore

I'll keep this short: I've been programming for around 7 years, I've never attended school for programming (took a few free courses on a variety of subjects, although I tend to switch to studying independently) and some subjects I find most interesting include machine learning, in-depth decision making (logic and design) and resource monitoring.

Here's a little explination of how I got here:

A friend of mine requested some help with a script he was (attempting) to write. Helping him out actually sparked some interest. I asked him which site he was using, since I know that cheap mf wouldn't be scripting if he had to pay, so I dropped by. After losing 3 of my commonly used usernames, I was finally able to join, allowing me to check out the forums. I made a few (hopefully helpful) posts before deciding to write some articles on programming, which I'm current in the process of.

This is what's keeping me here:

My main interest right now, in relation to botting, would be decreasing the exhaust rate of certain clicking and path finding situations. Being an ex-RuneScape player myself, I've notice the duration of time a few humans may spend on the game is unbelievable. Seeing how reptuable people claim accounts don't get banned for just being logged in using a bot client, possibilities are most likely being exhausted too quickly, leading to a small cluster of possible choices within time. To me, this fits in perfectly with the "botting is alright, as long as you take breaks" theory.

Variety is another important concept, although not as important as exhausting randomness. What questions me is why there isn't a script that allows you to choose multiple skills (or even quests and minigames), then set some conditions (or have some generated) to give the illusion that the bot has a schedule; the realistic nature may depend on how detailed the developer specifies the conditions.

Those are the subjects I'm currently looking into, as well as a side-project that will hopefully contribute to finding techniques Jagex uses to scout bots. This is what's keeping me here. I can't make any promises as to how much I can contribute, but if you're interested in helping the cause, feel free to let me know. I'm also always willing to answer any questions you might have about a subject (assuming I understand it). Hoping to achieve API Designer rank to help improve and diversitise the tools scripters use to create scripts, so wish me luck! smile.png Thanks for the warm welcoming I've gotten so far, and sorry for the long post, considering I said I'd keep it short. Feel free to spark up a conversation with me about anything

Edited by fixthissite
  • Like 6

Welcome smile.png

That Coursera site blew my mind, seems like a real goldmine, thanks biggrin.png

Then you might be interested in Udemy aswell smile.png You can use the filter to search for free courses. You're gonna want to check occasionally to see if they've added any new courses

Welcome mate, hope you can help the community to grow further!

I'll try my best!

keep it up with your guides!

You are awesome!

Will definitely do. Thanks for all the support you've given so far, it means a lot smile.png

hi

Hey! How's it goin? 

best intro 2k15.

Welcome to OsBot biggrin.png

Thanks a ton man, I really appreciate the hospitality. Let me know if there's anything I could possibly help with!

Edited by fixthissite