Can jagex detect osbot client?

antonthegreat

I don't think they detect the client itself. Instead I think they use individual actions to determine if you're botting or not. A majority of accounts banned are fresh ones, which are the easiest to detect imo. If we look at it from their perspective(or what I would do personally), they most likely flag you for certain things. They released in a post the average online time for the top 5 players which all averaged at 13 hours. If youre freshly made account logs in, does no quest, and goes directly to botting a single skill for >3-4 hours its like red alarms going off for Jagex. Or if you bot any single skill > average amount of hours, you're flagged. 

All this^ is just my opinion though, for all we know the client is detectable. The reason I think most of this is because we have those people who say "I've been botting for weeks and havent been banned." Yes it could be a delayed ban, but why weeks vs days?

Here's an example:

hey, i botted wood cutting for literaly only 2 hours and got banned... doesnt this have an anti ban in it?
Assuming this is a fresh account, any account made that goes directly to training a skill non-stop(especially a resource skill) would just SCREAM bot to me if I were jagex. And if it were my game, that'd be something i'd take into consideration. (Might not ban immediately but a certain flag would be placed onto the account). If we just think more from their perspective I think the banrates would be cut in half.
Edited by Allen
  • Like 2

I don't think they detect the client itself. Instead I think they use individual actions to determine if you're botting or not. A majority of accounts banned are fresh ones, which are the easiest to detect imo. If we look at it from their perspective(or what I would do personally), they most likely flag you for certain things. They released in a post the average online time for the top 5 players which all averaged at 13 hours. If youre freshly made account logs in, does no quest, and goes directly to botting a single skill for >3-4 hours its like red alarms going off for Jagex. Or if you bot any single skill > average amount of hours, you're flagged. 

All this^ is just my opinion though, for all we know the client is detectable. The reason I think most of this is because we have those people who say "I've been botting for weeks and havent been banned." Yes it could be a delayed ban, but why weeks vs days?

Here's an example:

Assuming this is a fresh account, any account made that goes directly to training a skill non-stop(especially a resource skill) would just SCREAM bot to me if I were jagex. And if it were my game, that'd be something i'd take into consideration. (Might not ban immediately but a certain flag would be placed onto the account). If we just think more from their perspective I think the banrates would be cut in half.

Very nice explanation, but we will never know for certain unless they tell us how they detect it. If we knew we could probably out-smart them like we usually do and probably make botting easier but eh, we all know this isn't going to happen.

I wish I would of botted all those months b4 I quit because they really did change the way they detected bots and now you cannot literally bot for longer than 2 days unless you're lucky.

• Like 1

Here's an example:

OP is correct. I've already did about 15-20 quests and went to botting, first did Waterfall quest, then botted for 12 hours and still no ban.. created it about a week ago.

Also I suggest that Jagex may be suspicious of a person if they were to have over 20k of one fish in their inventory and doesn't have any quests or doesn't level up.

• Like 1

Well I am also wondering if it is detectable. As I stated in my recent post I was banned a day after coming back from a break of osrs. I played legit but on the osrs client for the first day then the next I was banned. So im also assuming that when you membership is renewed your account is watched extensively.

Well I am also wondering if it is detectable. As I stated in my recent post I was banned a day after coming back from a break of osrs. I played legit but on the osrs client for the first day then the next I was banned. So im also assuming that when you membership is renewed your account is watched extensively.

Did you bot before your break?

I think thats why the client is offline so they can make major changes.

It's thursday, os updated so hooks are outdated. I still question what ever happened with the auto hook updater maxi added/developed.

Edit:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/58152-hookcron-automatic-updates-of-hooks/

Edited by Allen