Sponsors/Donors should be able to lock their own topics!

Zikama

12 members have voted

1. 1. Support this idea?

People don't like this because another site does it, basically.

The reasoning behind that amazes me, but yeah.

I've even had people tell me that. It's stupid but whatever.

Such moderating powers shouldn't be buyable, that's all.

(btw, me not having sponsor has nothing to do with it, vets actually get a few moderation privileges, so I wouldn't be missing out on anything actually :p)

That reason is invalid.

People don't like this because another site does it, basically.

The reasoning behind that amazes me, but yeah.

I've even had people tell me that. It's stupid but whatever.

That reason is invalid.

Nobody on this thread mentioned another site lol.

I personally think you shouldn't be able to buy such moderating powers (expanded above), you not agreeing with that doesn't make my opinion invalid :p

Also to unlock the thread you would have to go via a moderator anyway.

Seriously.

Hide your thread, report it, put a disclaimer in your OP, request the title to be changed, comment on it.

/thread tbh

How is it a moderating power if it only appliesto your own threads? - We can already hide our own threads, and I would say I'm more to need to lock it than delete it.

I wasn't aware sponsors could hide their threads.

It's a power because it allows you to cut off conversations.

But then again, hiding a thread can do that too.

Just stop bumping your thread and add a CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK disclaimer to your OP.

Or ask a mod to lock it for you.

Also, you'd still have to ask a mod to unlock the thread for you because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to unlock your own threads anyway.

So there's really not much of a point tongue.png

i am kinda neutral about this but Botrepreneur's answer makes sense, if you want to inform others that you dont have anything in stock then just add a prefix to ur thread or something "CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK"

• Like 1

If you could lock and hide your own threads you would be able to unlock/unhide the threads that we moderators lock/hide.

You may not realize that we did it. You could think "I don't remember locking this, whatever." and unlock it.

Now we'd have to go back and lock your thread, notify you that we locked your thread and to not unlock it, and people would end up getting warning points over a silly mistake.

Sorry, moderators are here for a reason. If you want your thread locked, just click the report button. But in my opinion, locking is the final line of moderators saying "Your thread is done until further notice."

If any sponsor/donor could lock/unlock their threads, the meaning of it would change. We may lock someone's thread under suspicion of being hacked/attempting to scam (but not proven yet), and they could just unlock/unhide it, or people may think they themselves locked/hid it and message them anyway.

It just throws more confusion into the mix of whether or not a person can/should trade.

• Like 1

Nobody on this thread mentioned another site lol.

I personally think you shouldn't be able to buy such moderating powers (expanded above), you not agreeing with that doesn't make my opinion invalid :p

Also to unlock the thread you would have to go via a moderator anyway.

Seriously.

Hide your thread, report it, put a disclaimer in your OP, request the title to be changed, comment on it.

/thread tbh

You're right, my opinion doesn't make yours invalid, but the fact that I can hide my posts/thread because I have a paid rank and part of your argument is that I shouldn't be able to have it because I shouldn't be able to buy mod powers makes your point invalid.

You're right, my opinion doesn't make yours invalid, but the fact that I can hide my posts/thread because I have a paid rank and part of your argument is that I shouldn't be able to have it because I shouldn't be able to buy mod powers makes your point invalid.

"Such moderating powers shouldn't be buyable, that's all."

I'm not saying no to offering moderating privileges with a product such as sponsor.

I'm saying no to certain moderating privileges.

Hiding a thread doesn't have the same impact as locking one.

Don't agree, cool, if you think both do have the same effect then it doesn't really matter if you only get one but not the other one, right ? 

(Just my opinion)

Edited by Botrepreneur

"Such moderating powers shouldn't be buyable, that's all."

I'm not saying no to offering moderating privileges with a product such as sponsor.

I'm saying no to certain moderating privileges.

Hiding a thread doesn't have the same impact as locking one.

Don't agree, cool, if you think both do have the same effect then it doesn't really matter if you only get one but not the other one, right ? 

(Just my opinion)

Having the ability to hide your thread is more damaging than having the ability to lock it.

If you could lock and hide your own threads you would be able to unlock/unhide the threads that we moderators lock/hide.

You may not realize that we did it. You could think "I don't remember locking this, whatever." and unlock it.

Now we'd have to go back and lock your thread, notify you that we locked your thread and to not unlock it, and people would end up getting warning points over a silly mistake.

Sorry, moderators are here for a reason. If you want your thread locked, just click the report button. But in my opinion, locking is the final line of moderators saying "Your thread is done until further notice."

If any sponsor/donor could lock/unlock their threads, the meaning of it would change. We may lock someone's thread under suspicion of being hacked/attempting to scam (but not proven yet), and they could just unlock/unhide it, or people may think they themselves locked/hid it and message them anyway.

It just throws more confusion into the mix of whether or not a person can/should trade.

i approve this, if this would of happen, there would be more rules added, keep it simple.

How about you tell me why you think the hiding option is more dangerous than the lock/unlock feature and we continue from there then.

Hiding deletes the thread whereas locking it doesn't.

Eg. I can do some fishy stuff then hide the thread and the people can't find it and won't bother to complain about it should I scam them since they think they thread is deleted - I'm serious, people are stupid like this and will leave it alone.

If I lock the thread, people can still see it and it's clearly visible should anything pop up later on.

Also, if I'm a ban evader and write something in my thread and then realize it later on, I can hide my thread so people can't find it through a search. If I can only lock my thread, that wouldn't help at all since people could still find it through a search.

I know you can say people can always edit their post, but hiding a thread is still a lot quicker since it completely gets rid of the thread for everyone else and they don't even have a reference for a mod to check out. Unless the mod wants to do some digging of his own, which isn't always true, there may not be anything left.

Hiding deletes the thread whereas locking it doesn't.

Eg. I can do some fishy stuff then hide the thread and the people can't find it and won't bother to complain about it should I scam them since they think they thread is deleted - I'm serious, people are stupid like this and will leave it alone.

If I lock the thread, people can still see it and it's clearly visible should anything pop up later on.

Also, if I'm a ban evader and write something in my thread and then realize it later on, I can hide my thread so people can't find it through a search. If I can only lock my thread, that wouldn't help at all since people could still find it through a search.

I know you can say people can always edit their post, but hiding a thread is still a lot quicker since it completely gets rid of the thread for everyone else and they don't even have a reference for a mod to check out. Unless the mod wants to do some digging of his own, which isn't always true, there may not be anything left.

Never heard of things like this tbh, seems a bit far-fetched. Are all those cases made up ? tongue.png

If not, then the hide option should be removed altogether. 

The lock/unlock option has its own dangers and drawbacks, I still don't think it should be made too accessible.

Currently you can hide a thread but not unhide it.

I suppose being able to lock your own threads but not unlock them could be a way to go, but still not in favor of the whole thing tbh.

Edited by Botrepreneur