I b trippin

Botre

Well with web walking you wouldn't need map data as all the nodes are predefined with their own edges. This would be more of a global pathfinder to construct a path from point A to B using (obviously) the collision flags.

What did u mean by "all" mapdata then ? ph34r.png

He means force load all tiles on the map, get all collisions, and then use A* to find the shortest path between two points, A and B. This would take way too many resources, and take too long to find long paths.

He means force load all tiles on the map, get all collisions, and then use A* to find the shortest path between two points, A and B. This would take way too many resources, and take too long to find long paths.

Oh I actually have a method to load all tiles of the loaded region tongue.png

6aa5bc6665bce0783495d229ba5cef1d.png

It doesn't take that many resources lel, especially if you cache the map data instead of reloading it every time. It's how most path walking works (not including hard coded paths), I'm actually quite sure OSBot's localWalker works that way, except they don't cache the map data, which is a shame and expensive tongue.png

ee8609ed461cd10a28b9b34dae1a3b58.png

Edit: replace all path- "walking" with "finding" :p

Edited by Botrepreneur

Oh I actually have a method to load all tiles of the loaded region tongue.png

6aa5bc6665bce0783495d229ba5cef1d.png

It doesn't take that many resources lel, especially if you cache the map data instead of reloading it every time. It's how most path walking works (not including hard coded paths), I'm actually quite sure OSBot's localWalker works that way, except they don't cache the map data, which is a shame and expensive tongue.png

Loading a 50x50 region will obviously take way less ram that loading the 8000x8000 map, or however large the map is. tongue.png Loading a region would be acceptable, loading the entire map and storing it in the ram, even cached, would hold too much ram. Hence the reason Runescape, and most other tile based games load regions, not the whole map.

Edited by Mysteryy

Loading a 50x50 region will obviously take way less ram that loading the 8000x8000 map, or however large the map is. tongue.png Loading a region would be acceptable, loading the entire map and storing it in the ram, even cached, would hold too much ram. Hence the reason Runescape, and most other tile based games load regions, not the whole map.

Wait, I'm aware you can't pathfind beyond your currently loaded region, well you could if you use a d* style algo I guess.

Swizzie told me to get "all" mapdata, I was wondering (and still am) what he meant with that, that's all tongue.png

Edit: lel if you actually thought I even considered collecting collision data for the whole rs map

Edited by Botrepreneur

No, you can just retrieve cached data from somewhere and use that. It's not resource intensive to find a path if you pre-flag all the nodes.

The data you need is already cached on your computer anyway, hence why @PolishCivil could make things like this:

2014-06-30_16-32-23.png

I should point out that the above would be used for web walking, and not pathfinding along every single tile based on collision data.

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 1

No, you can just retrieve cached data from somewhere and use that. It's not resource intensive to find a path if you pre-flag all the nodes.

The data you need is already cached on your computer anyway, hence why @PolishCivil could make things like this:

2014-06-30_16-32-23.png

I should point out that the above would be used for web walking, and not pathfinding along every single tile based on collision data.

mhm

me likey

haven't actually ever played with the rs cache, looks fun :D