Extremely slow forum

Zikama

It could be that you are experiencing the '$500 donor' lag.

If alot of those members are online, or alot of them have posted in the thread you're reading, then you can definately experience slow loads. The $500 color effect/glow eats away memory.

You can notice this when you scroll over the users online today section on the bottom of the forum, it will lag on the parts where $500 donors are.

Edited by Raflesia
  • Like 1

It could be that you are experiencing the '$500 donor' lag.

If alot of those members are online, or alot of them have posted in the thread you're reading, then you can definately experience slow loads. The $500 color effect/glow eats away memory.

You can notice this when you scroll over the users online today section on the bottom of the forum, it will lag on the parts where $500 donors are.

The script is made to only change the style of visible names. So if there is 100 donor names on the page but your view only has 2. It renders those two. So it should be very efficient and not be cause of lag.

You guys can simply be really far from the servers or have ping issues. The chat may load slow, but that is because of the addition zach made to the chatbox to help prevent us from not being able to join. 

Tk72Ki3.png

show us this.

Edited by Th3
  • Like 1

The script is made to only change the style of visible names. So if there is 100 donor names on the page but your view only has 2. It renders those two. So it should be very efficient and not be cause of lag.

You guys can simply be really far from the servers or have ping issues. The chat may load slow, but that is because of the addition zach made to the chatbox to help prevent us from not being able to join. 

Tk72Ki3.png

show us this.

1d17af24c199a04181c8e3be511f2330.png

What about this.

NGzoo3P.png

Here is chat with bunch of rainbow names:

http://i.imgur.com/3i9Wt2Y.png

On an avrage laptop: As you can see it is running in a very good state.

Slowness can be from cloudfare service. Which can slow things down sometimes, even location may be a variable. But it is a necessary service. 

Edited by Th3

What about this.

NGzoo3P.png

Here is chat with bunch of rainbow names:

http://i.imgur.com/3i9Wt2Y.png

On an avrage laptop: As you can see it is running in a very good state.

Slowness can be from cloudfare service. Which can slow things down sometimes, even location may be a variable. But it is a necessary service. 

My cpu goes from 0-3 thats it..

• Like 1

Tk72Ki3.png

show us this.

It does cause lag for me when I scroll over the users online today section.

Then when I scroll back to the forum sections the lag dissapears.

Same for threads, at a $500 donors post, I lag, but when I scroll away from it the lag dissapears.

And I know it renders but for this effect it isn't efficient enough; 1 $500 donor is enough for me to lag but not on the whole forum, just the part where the $500 donor is.

Edited by Raflesia