[Chatbox] - Announcements Idea

Farmerfish

So i was thinking the CBA's could use some sort of code to update an announcements feature on the chatbox. 

It would certainly reduce confusion when the client is down, or needing certain necessary bug fixes. 

Announcements can be very helpful to the CBA's job aswell as it can announce vital things that are asked alot in the chat.

• Like 1

lol, if they didn't read to know that the bot is offline (or use a bit of common sense since this happens weekly...), then what makes you think they'll read the announcement in the chatbox...?

Good idea, but the maturity level of the botters makes me question whether it'll work or not..

lol, if they didn't read to know that the bot is offline (or use a bit of common sense since this happens weekly...), then what makes you think they'll read the announcement in the chatbox...?

Good idea, but the maturity level of the botters makes me question whether it'll work or not..

It doesn't just have to be for offline status, it can be for important forum threads such as osb update threads, etc,

It will also clean up alot of spam-related things in the chatbox

It doesn't just have to be for offline status, it can be for important forum threads such as osb update threads, etc,

It will also clean up alot of spam-related things in the chatbox

I don't think you get my point.

People are illiterate.

I'm all for it, but idk if it'll be very effective due to the illiteracy of the average OSBoter.

• Like 1

I'm 95% sure we've already attempted to do this but due to the restrictions of using this IPB chatbox we were unable to do so.

I think it could help, but whether or not it's possible or not is the question.

@Th3 plz.

We could implement some sort of Announcements by using an IRC chatbot or autotyper given to the CBA's set to announce the said Text at scheduled times. this would be an implementation of sorts and probably won't work but eh it's an idea atleast