Wealth requirement for feedback.

RoomScape

Vote!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should feedback have a wealth requirement?

Well as the current limit is 0gp, maybe they should increase it. I don't think it matters though because if you have 1k feedback from bonds or shitty services I'm still not going to trust you.

It is allowed to receive feedback for a service, as long as the service was either paid or there was risk involved. An example for risk is doing a firecape service for someone, on an account that contains more than 1M RS3 GP or 07 GP.

I consider risk having somebody on my account, and as there is no definition of risk (only an example) there is no limit in the current ruleset.

o. my bad.

I think 1m 07 is too much. It cuts out a lot of the quests that people do. And tbh, I think someone who has done 100 quests is more trusted than someone who has sold 100 bonds.

Regardless of how much I paid them.

Then you have people that do free services. They deserve feedback.

Feedback is just that. It's feedback for a service. Why would it even matter how much the service was, or what the service was? If the service was good, then it gets good feedback. If it was bad, then it gets a neutral. If it was a scam, then it gets negative.

It's there so that other people who use the service know what to expect.

If we made a 1m minimum, how would you tell which quest services to go to? None of them would have feedback, because a good chunk of quests aren't over 1m.

I'm sorry if people are "feedback farming" but I don't think that means we should limit all of the smaller services.

• Like 1

o. my bad.

I think 1m 07 is too much. It cuts out a lot of the quests that people do. And tbh, I think someone who has done 100 quests is more trusted than someone who has sold 100 bonds.

Regardless of how much I paid them.

Then you have people that do free services. They deserve feedback.

Feedback is just that. It's feedback for a service. Why would it even matter how much the service was, or what the service was? If the service was good, then it gets good feedback. If it was bad, then it gets a neutral. If it was a scam, then it gets negative.

It's there so that other people who use the service know what to expect.

If we made a 1m minimum, how would you tell which quest services to go to? None of them would have feedback, because a good chunk of quests aren't over 1m.

I'm sorry if people are "feedback farming" but I don't think that means we should limit all of the smaller services.

People shouldn't get fb from free things...how does that resemble trust in the slightest?

People shouldn't get fb from free things...how does that resemble trust in the slightest?

Feedback is feedback for a service

It is not feedback for a payment

Free services are still services. If a free service is good, it gets a positive feedback.

Like I said, a guy that has done 100 free quests, imo, is more trusted than a guy that has sold 100 bonds.

Why?

Because that guy has used 100 accounts, and not stolen anything. He has been given 100 opportunities to scam what could be upwards of 50m, depending on the account.

What does 100 bond sales prove? That you won't scam someone 1m by not giving them the bond? What if they go first? There's literally no risk involved if you give a bond before receiving payment.

All the feedback at that point is for the service received.

Feedback is feedback for a service

It is not feedback for a payment

Free services are still services. If a free service is good, it gets a positive feedback.

Like I said, a guy that has done 100 free quests, imo, is more trusted than a guy that has sold 100 bonds.

Why?

Because that guy has used 100 accounts, and not stolen anything. He has been given 100 opportunities to scam what could be upwards of 50m, depending on the account.

What does 100 bond sales prove? That you won't scam someone 1m by not giving them the bond? What if they go first? There's literally no risk involved if you give a bond before receiving payment.

All the feedback at that point is for the service received.

Why is everyone putting everything in comparison to bond sales...?

Also, that example made no sense. I highly doubt that service guy had 100 accounts at the same time. It's more likely that he had one or two at a time to service on getting a few hundred k at a time, if that.

Why is everyone putting everything in comparison to bond sales...?

Also, that example made no sense. I highly doubt that service guy had 100 accounts at the same time. It's more likely that he had one or two at a time to service on getting a few hundred k at a time, if that.

I never said he had them at the same time..

You completely stepped around my point.

Feedback is for a service

It is not for a payment

if a service is good it gets good feedback

Why would a service require payment? 

Are you telling me that if someone does free quests for me on my acc that has a 50m bank, they shouldn't get feedback?

Why?

They're doing a service. They do a good service, they get good feedback.

I'm stressing this so you don't skip over it this time.

service->feedback

not money->feedback

I never said he had them at the same time..

You completely stepped around my point.

Feedback is for a service

It is not for a payment

if a service is good it gets good feedback

Why would a service require payment?

Are you telling me that if someone does free quests for me on my acc that has a 50m bank, they shouldn't get feedback?

Why?

They're doing a service. They do a good service, they get good feedback.

I'm stressing this so you don't skip over it this time.

service->feedback

not money->feedback

I understand what you mean, lol. I wrote that in my reply but then erased it and rewrote something and I guess I forgot to mention that.

But with your theory, people can just do 10xp serviced and gain fb? So long as it's on an account wiith a bit of gp?

I understand what you mean, lol. I wrote that in my reply but then erased it and rewrote something and I guess I forgot to mention that.

But with your theory, people can just do 10xp serviced and gain fb? So long as it's on an account wiith a bit of gp?

I think it needs to be a legitimate service.

10xp != legitimate service.

But a service is all that's necessary. They shouldn't even need wealth.

If I give someone a fresh acc, and they do a few quests on it, that's a service, and I'll give them feedback based on how the service went.

Feedback is not there to be trusted. Feedback is there so that others can look at the feedback and decide if the service is good.

Which is why I think it's silly that you have to scam to get negative feedback. Negative feedback should be if the service went terribly wrong. Neutral for if the service was alright. Positive if it was actually a good service.

I think it needs to be a legitimate service.

10xp != legitimate service.

But a service is all that's necessary. They shouldn't even need wealth.

If I give someone a fresh acc, and they do a few quests on it, that's a service, and I'll give them feedback based on how the service went.

Feedback is not there to be trusted. Feedback is there so that others can look at the feedback and decide if the service is good.

Which is why I think it's silly that you have to scam to get negative feedback. Negative feedback should be if the service went terribly wrong. Neutral for if the service was alright. Positive if it was actually a good service.

People have already admit to farming fb through services by doing 15 xp orders and gaining fb that way.

There are no set requirements for fb aside for the 100k 07/1m rs3/$1 graphics...

Services are free and therefore it's a big loophole as well as people buying/selling items for 100k to fb farm.

10xp is not a feedback worthy trade. Report them.

Obviously we can't do anything if two people give feedback to each other then say "No, there was a legit trade." nor is feedback a big enough deal for me to invest a lot of time into making sure it was a legit trade.

IMO, here are what my thoughts are on feedback:

Must have a thread

Must have been a legitimate service (not "he got me 10xp!")

Must have evidence of a service

That's it.

So the Optional link to thread box should be filled 90% of the time.

Of course, there are going to be situations where people do trades without threads. I do it quite often. If the user is doing a regular service, he should have a thread. if he has 5 feedback with no threads, who cares. If he has 50, he should have a thread. This would also enforce the post requirements for account sales, etc. since they have to post on the thread to make it a legitimate service.

If there's no posts, and no evidence of a service on osbot, then there should be no feedback.