My gaming setup <3

Alex

750gb ssd? duuuuuuuuuuuuude get a like 120gb or lower to put windows on and put the rest on a normal hdd

All SSD is the way to go assuming you can afford it. My mechanical drive is hidden away in my chest of drawers :3.

@Alek

We have the same Viewsonic monitor tongue.png

For an extra $100 (?) you got 2mb more of cache, extra threads that you wont use (apart from when developing) and a couple hundred mhz more than an i5. i5's are more suited for gaming, anywhere you look will say that. The i7 4770 is meant to be bought by people who want an i7 haswell cpu but don't overclock. The reason why the k is clocked slightly higher is because it uses better silicon for that overclocking capability. Non k chips aren't meant for oc'ing so they use lower quality silicon like how the i3's/atoms etc use even lower quality silicon. Mhz doesn't mean a lot, it's the MIPS vs FLOPS argument all over again (http://www.sgidepot.co.uk/perf.html you would be arguing for mips). 

Edited by Fringie

All SSD is the way to go assuming you can afford it. My mechanical drive is hidden away in my chest of drawers :3.

@Alek

We have the same Viewsonic monitor tongue.png

For an extra $100 (?) you got 2mb more of cache, extra threads that you wont use (apart from when developing) and a couple hundred mhz more than an i5. i5's are more suited for gaming, anywhere you look will say that. The i7 4770 is meant to be bought by people who want an i7 haswell cpu but don't overclock. The reason why the k is clocked slightly higher is because it uses better silicon for that overclocking capability. Non k chips aren't meant for oc'ing so they use lower quality silicon like how the i3's/atoms etc use even lower quality silicon. Mhz doesn't mean a lot, it's the MIPS vs FLOPS argument all over again (http://www.sgidepot.co.uk/perf.html you would be arguing for mips). 

I appreciate you actually have knowledge. I really do.

• Like 1

I got the following setup:

i5-3570k @ 3.8 GHz

CM Hyper 212 EVO

MSi GTX770

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Kingston HyperX 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz

XFX 550w PSU

BitFenix Shinobi case

Kingston 120GB SSD

WD Green 1TB HDD

peripherals: