Bisexual

Swaq

The same way hair grows: gradually and involuntarily.

That comparison is way off.

You can come to love someone after spending ikr with them and growing fond of them. Although it's not immediate, you tend to be with them more and more as time passes by. This is because you're getting used to the person and choose to be with them. If you can't control it then it would be set one way or another.

That comparison is way off.

You can come to love someone after spending ikr with them and growing fond of them. Although it's not immediate, you tend to be with them more and more as time passes by. This is because you're getting used to the person and choose to be with them. If you can't control it then it would be set one way or another.

My point was that the process of love turning into hate or vice versa isn't something you have control over. The same way your hair grows without you having to tell it to grow.

You can control whether or not to spend time with someone, but you can't control the way you feel about that time you spent with that person (you can actually, it's called lying to yourself). To spend time with someone is a conscious choice, to enjoy (or not) the time you spent on the other hand isn't.

Most things we like are acquired tastes, just because you don't like something the first time doesn't mean you never will. But in order to acquire a taste, just saying "I like this" isn't enough.

Edited by Botrepreneur

My point was that the process of love turning into hate or vice versa isn't something you have control over. The same way your hair grows without you having to tell it to grow.

You can control whether or not to spend time with someone, but you can't control the way you feel about that time you spent with that person (you can actually, it's called lying to yourself). To spend time with someone is a conscious choice, to enjoy (or not) the time you spent on the other hand isn't.

Most things we like are acquired tastes, just because you don't like something the first time doesn't mean you never will. But in order to acquire a taste, just saying "I like this" isn't enough.

You're in control of your emotions just like you're in control of your thoughts and actions.

So since you guys are 100% in control of your emotions I guess you must never be sad since all you have to do is to press the "happy button"?

I think you can't completly control your emotions but the emotions can control themselves depending on what kind of environment you grew up around and many more factors.