Let's fight scammers!

RoomScape

How do we go through and determine if it is a real report of not? What if I just said don't buy this account guy recovered. Where is the proof so now you are black listing an account that isn't even a scammed account.

It would only be added upon the outcome of a successful scam report stating that the account has been recovered. Just claiming an account has been recovered, although it may have some merit to it, shouldn't necessarily be counted.

Support +1

Excellent suggestion imo.

How do we go through and determine if it is a real report of not? What if I just said don't buy this account guy recovered. Where is the proof so now you are black listing an account that isn't even a scammed account.

I'm guessing that to have an account added to the list, someone would have at one time had a dispute and won. People make new OSbot accounts and try and resell the account that they just recovered.

I'm guessing that to have an account added to the list, someone would have at one time had a dispute and won. People make new OSbot accounts and try and resell the account that they just recovered.

Exactly. They can always change their skype name, they can create a new account, they can change their IP but they can't change their log in name. We can stop them if we just record this one thing.

To take it a step further, e mail jagex showing that they were selling their account. xD

support, although with the 100post requirement i believe has already made it harder for scammers to resell recovered accounts because it'll take time to gain the 100posts. on the other hand who knows how desperate scammers are.

100 posts aren't hard to get. Besides, I can sell you an account, recover it and get banned. Make a new account and sell the account over again. This will cut that last part out so they will be caught if attempting to resell.