Creating A Scripting Group

Swizzbeat

So from what I've seen there's quite a lot of people that want to script, or can script, but are limited in their knowledge of how to write code for OSBot. With a large community and a limited number of able script makers, we need a scripting group now more then ever.

My idea is to create a group that ANYONE can join with the sole purpose of working together to bring only the best scripts to the site. Not only would we release top notch scripts (as they are coded by many people who can critique and revise other peoples work) but also coders can learn things from scripting with other people that they can use themselves in their own scripts.

Is this a good idea? Would anyone join? I'm not looking to make this into a clan type thing, but a group where we can have different scripting projects going and anyone who wants to contribute can.

FYI ANY SCRIPTS WE CREATE WILL BE RELEASED FREE

THE PURPOSE OF THIS GROUP IS TO EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF JAVA AND LEARN FROM OTHERS, NOT PROFIT

• Like 1

How is this going to work out?

Dunno :o I was just thinking we could make a thread of a few different scripts people would want to work on, and from there everyone can join a group to work on the script they want. Everyone in the group could then assign a "leader" I guess and help each other out. The finished product code could then be reviewed by the group as a whole, and then when the bugs are sorted out release it to the community.

Not sure if it would work or not, but with all these scripters leaving and becoming inactive I thought it would be a good way to start creating more great scripts for the bot.

Create a skype group filled with people who wish to join. Add a few rules.

1. No Elitism (Do not act better than others)

2. No Insulting others for their lack of knowledge

3. Anyone is welcome to join as long as they have basic java syntax knowledge

4. You must agree that Ariana Grande > Emma Watson

1. great

2. also a good rule

3. will keep the nublets out

4. long haired girls > dykes any day

1. great

2. also a good rule

Good. I suggest we keep a skype group as an irc would not be as active. Create a new thread under projects with whatever name you like, and post your skype name there. Everyone else will add you and tell them to send you a message like "Add me to the group" and just add them. :P

1. great

2. also a good rule

Good. I suggest we keep a skype group as an irc would not be as active. Create a new thread under projects with whatever name you like, and post your skype name there. Everyone else will add you and tell them to send you a message like "Add me to the group" and just add them. tongue.png

I have no idea on how to make Skype groups :o gimme a quick tutorial?