Regarding people opening services.

Booch

Agree Or Disagree?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Agree Or Disagree?

• Agree
    • Disagree

This is absurd. Everyday we're getting WAY too many people opening 'Services' such as Questing/Minigames/Levelling which is all fine as it's a service and is mutually beneficial to both parties.

I try my best to help out every new service provider to start their business out but feel disgusted giving away a vouch(Which i'm very strict at giving) to a person who then goes and scam quits from here.

Services should ONLY be allowed to be opened to people who pass a certain filter, for example;

- Time of account creation

- Post count (Even though this is easily bypassed with spamming so we need good control on that)

- Profile 'Likes' (It's fairly easy to prevent people from farming profile likes)

- Open a 'Service Opening' thread and then scanned through by a Moderator to then declares whether person is allowed to use or not via a badge.

Etc. Etc.

I know the 'Everyone must start somewhere' argument will spring up but if you're going to offer a service which might cost us our account security then you better be a trusted member.

I really hope this passes through and i think it's better for both Clients and Service providers. Thanks

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly agree. I suggest anyone who hasn't read the rules and opens a topic regardless, should immediately get a warning, too.

I'm trying to contain myself when I see people saying "im trusted, look at my *other community* profile" .. well, first of all, you're not allowed to link to other communities.

Second of all, you're not allowed to use vouches from another community, only from within this community. -____-

I agreed on this (someone made the same thread) a week or two ago and I agree now.

I see then everyday at least 1-3 of them, considering I'm on from 6 am to 12 am checking topics.

I think you should have to apply for a rank: Service Provider or something cooler, that entitles you to make a service thread.

The Administration/Moderator team would view the application, base it off whatever requirements/criteria, and accept or decline them.

Agree although I just "opened a service" (I'd like to do something for someone in trade for membership). I understand that a user like me is not trustworthy for one bit. But I'll do my best to make sure my customer is happy.

• Always protect your items by Bank-pin and item deposit before log-out.
• Always change password before and after a service.
• Be careful with pures, some jerks trains def to ruin your account.
• Refresh the hiscores, is your account really being trained?

Stay safe guys!

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about a person using vouches from another website for services on this?

That's the most ignorant thing they could do to show their validity. Showing vouches from another website just shows they're legit towards that specific forum/community and shouldn't influence us.

This forum is young, fairly small and I want it to grow in good hands with people that have good intentions. The person with high reputation in one forum will come here, scam an easy 20m deal, leave the forum & when they report to him on the other forum he'll simply go be 'Someone was impersonating me' and using another Skype instead of his actual one.