Dashboard vs GoldenGates V2

Dashboard

Most of you are stating that Dashboard is afraid of a little competition. Sure, that COULD be a reason for him posting this, but it probably wasn't the only reason, or it may not have crossed his mind at all. 

However, as previously stated by Dashboard, he's saying that GoldenGates is ripping off Dashboard's code almost exactly, line by line. I'm sure Dashboard would have NO problem with Golden making a script similar to his starting from scratch and not using Dash's script as an example, and copying his work. As said before, there could have been hundreds of possibility for Golden to have gone with his script, but he went directly with the same exact method Dashboard went, and uses some variables the same way which could have been replaced with others instead.

Everyone's posts here is actually angering me for some apparent reason. I leave OSBot for a few weeks, come back, nobody actually read Dashboard's posts, and are instantly claiming that he's only filing these disputes against Golden as a reason to keep his profits up. 

rip old osbot

edit:

i have no knowledge of scripting, so I'm going off of what Dash said. I didn't actually look at the code itself because I'd have no idea what it means.

Edited by Occazn
  • Like 1

Yea Gandalf, his new GUI is so much nicer then Dashboards too lol

We have a new GUI too.

Most of you are stating that Dashboard is afraid of a little competition. Sure, that COULD be a reason for him posting this, but it probably wasn't the only reason, or it may not have crossed his mind at all. 

However, as previously stated by Dashboard, he's saying that GoldenGates is ripping off Dashboard's code almost exactly, line by line. I'm sure Dashboard would have NO problem with Golden making a script similar to his starting from scratch and not using Dash's script as an example, and copying his work. As said before, there could have been hundreds of possibility for Golden to have gone with his script, but he went directly with the same exact method Dashboard went, and uses some variables the same way which could have been replaced with others instead.

Everyone's posts here is actually angering me for some apparent reason. I leave OSBot for a few weeks, come back, nobody actually read Dashboard's posts, and are instantly claiming that he's only filing these disputes against Golden as a reason to keep his profits up. 

rip old osbot

Thank you, somebody using common sense.

Edited by Dashboard

I don't get the part you're complaining about. I copied the style your files are saved as, not the src, but the idea, I looked at it, wondered how it's done and wrote it down. There's nothing wrong with that. Basically, you're saying I can't look at another user's miner, see what it does, and copy it, there's plenty of scripts like that.

Plus, if there are 100s of ways of doing it, and a simple method is legally right at my fingertips, why not take advantage of it? If you think I'm incapable of doing it, just say that then.

Lets be honest Dash.. Im not saying that the saving format doesnt look the same but this isnt my point. When QBot made his thread about his script that has the same concept of SSF you started to complain that he copied you. You are trying to find something against GoldenGates so he doesnt release his script and SSF stay the only script in the market.

Home come I can save *.docx in open office?

Seriously, you have nothing to complain about. I could write my own script to be compatible with every one of the "scripts" that people write for this script, but that doesn't mean I copied you. You should look into his code and find any methods are are copied word for word that are yours. If you find that then you have a valid complaint. Right now it sounds like you're complaining about the competition.

ALL IT IS IS A FILE FORMAT.

File formats are generally well known how they are put together. If you didn't want him you use it, maybe you should have wrote a cipher for your file format.

Edited by dreamliner
  • Like 1

I don't get the part you're complaining about. I copied the style your files are saved as, not the src, but the idea, I looked at it, wondered how it's done and wrote it down. There's nothing wrong with that. Basically, you're saying I can't look at another user's miner, see what it does, and copy it, there's plenty of scripts like that.

Plus, if there are 100s of ways of doing it, and a simple method is legally right at my fingertips, why not take advantage of it? If you think I'm incapable of doing it, just say that then.

Let's try an analogy here.

OSBot is a high school, and we're both in the same Mathematics class. You're sitting next to me during a test.

I spend some time solving a problem and create a solution (SSF).

You decided not to spend time yourself and looked at my test to see how I did it, and copied my work (exactly).

And then you finished the test and gave it to the teacher (SDN testing).

Now I'm realizing that you copied my Math test, and intend on getting a good grade from it (money).

While cheating on a school test may not be illegal, it's against the rules in a school as it's academic dishonesty.

You never approached me asking if you could use my format, nor had you notified me. I had to find out on my own that you were going to be selling it on the SDN.

You're asking me why you shouldn't copy my test as it's "legally right at my [your] fingertips".

Now you want to re-do the test as you've been caught.

I know where I go to school, the teachers would laugh at such a proposal.

Lets be honest Dash.. Im not saying that the saving format doesnt look the same but this isnt my point. When QBot made his thread about his script that has the same concept of SSF you started to complain that he copied you. You are trying to find something against GoldenGates so he doesnt release his script and SSF stay the only script in the market.

I don't recall giving much input on QBot's script rather than mentioning that it was a cheap rip off. I never launched any sort of complaint, or made any comment after that. 

I'd be happy to compete against QBots.

I'm not happy having to compete against myself.

Edited by Dashboard

OSBot is a high school, and we're both in the same Mathematics class. You're sitting next to me during a test.

You decided not to spend time yourself and looked at my test to see how I did it, and copied my work (exactly).

Now I'm realizing that you copied my Math test, and intend on getting a good grade from it (money).

While cheating on a school test may not be illegal, it's against the rules in a school as it's academic dishonesty.

You never approached me asking if you could use my format, nor had you notified me. I had to find out on my own that you were going to be selling it on the SDN.

You're asking me why you shouldn't copy my test as it's "legally right at my [your] fingertips".

You're an idiot. He didn't copy the solution of the test. He asked how he wanted the answer presented.

Move on, stop being a whiny bitch.

Also, I have yet to be in a math class that you can get full credit by just giving an answer. THE WORK IS WHAT MATTERS.

Edited by dreamliner
  • Like 1

I don't recall giving much input on QBot's script rather than mentioning that it was a cheap rip off. I never launched any sort of complaint, or made any comment after that. 

I'd be happy to compete against QBots.

I'm not happy having to compete against myself.

Your analogy is flawed.

This is not a test.

The analogy would go more like this.

Dash and GG are both in the same math class and they are studying for the test. Dash prepares study notes and ideas of how to do certain questions, and posts his info for the class to see online.

GG looks at his notes, takes his own notes based on that and implements it into his own ideas.

You both take the test and come out with amazing results.

-------------

There is nothing wrong with what GG did.

If I am writing a paper, would I want to get my point across in 10 pages, or would I do it in 5 if I could? GG simply noticed that you picked the superior method, and decided to also use the same method.

------------

Overall, I would say grats to both of you for making good working scripts. I am excited to see the competition.

• Like 1

support gg this is another attempt to gain a monopoly by dash... its not even the same code its a simaler format to an open source code. if you wanted you format private should have never made an open source code.   as for you constant complaints of his PROFITING from you idea, the only reason hes making any profit is raised issue to it being free,

From Dashboard's side, why are people hating on Dashboard because he made a successful script?

From GoldenGates' side, why are people hating on GoldenGates for gathering data and making his own script? The world was never made from original work, it was always gotten from a different origin. 

Just accept the facts guys, both sides are correct in their own ways.