Well, I quit smoking. :s

Sleepyflame

(Some) Drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are all ways of making your life better, since they sometimes offers experiences you wouldn't have normally had. How-ever, moderation is key. Like with all good things in life, if one overuses them, eventually they will become routine and will not be able to mean anything for you other then a filthy money consuming, health and time consuming habit. I've never struggled with any addictions even though I've been a "party-smoker" for over 3 years and use drugs every set amount of time. 

Very good job on kicking your habit. Keep it up! And if you do want to enjoy a cigarette sometime: why not pick special moments for it and stick to those moments

• Like 1

(Some) Drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are all ways of making your life better, since they sometimes offers experiences you wouldn't have normally had. How-ever, moderation is key. Like with all good things in life, if one overuses them, eventually they will become routine and will not be able to mean anything for you other then a filthy money consuming, health and time consuming habit. I've never struggled with any addictions even though I've been a "party-smoker" for over 3 years and use drugs every set amount of time. 

Very good job on kicking your habit. Keep it up! And if you do want to enjoy a cigarette sometime: why not pick special moments for it and stick to those moments

okay, let's take weed as an example right.

i have ALOT of freetime everyday.

so when i get home from school, or work, or anything else, it doesnt really matter.

My friends call me on my mobile, or just come to my house, let's go outside and well see what there is to do.

So okay, we're going outside, what now? ...

Light a sigarette up, smoke 5mins, ( i do smoke my whole sigarette then, cuz it's one of the first of the day.) and were doing nothing again.

Let's go to a coffeeshop, ( or call a dealer if we don't feel like going to a coffeeshop). Get some weed, smoke some blunts and then what. Everyone is stoned as fuck. ( yes, this is a daily process. It REALLY goes like this EVERY day.)

Light another sigarette up because were stoned. but why do we do that? > theres nothing else to do.

so we smoke alot of sigarettes in an hour / in a day. and while we dont even like to smoke the full sigarette anymore, and throw it away at like 45-50% , we keep lighting new ones up.

this is my daily life really.

so drugs ( weed) became more like a habit, and we smoke sigarettes out of boredom.

so the only solution for me to stop smoking weed ( and sigarettes ) is to don't go outside anymore really?.

thanks in advance,

Devin

• Like 1

so when i get home from school, or work, or anything else, it doesnt really matter.

My friends call me on my mobile, or just come to my house, let's go outside and well see what there is to do.

Light a sigarette up, smoke 5mins, ( i do smoke my whole sigarette then, cuz it's one of the first of the day.) and were doing nothing again.

Let's go to a coffeeshop, ( or call a dealer if we don't feel like going to a coffeeshop). Get some weed, smoke some blunts and then what. Everyone is stoned as fuck. ( yes, this is a daily process. It REALLY goes like this EVERY day.)

Light another sigarette up because were stoned. but why do we do that? > theres nothing else to do.

so we smoke alot of sigarettes in an hour / in a day. and while we dont even like to smoke the full sigarette anymore, and throw it away at like 45-50% , we keep lighting new ones up.

so drugs ( weed) became more like a habit, and we smoke sigarettes out of boredom.

so the only solution for me to stop smoking weed ( and sigarettes ) is to don't go outside anymore really?.

thanks in advance,

Devin

I can relate to what your saying. I think It's safe to say we're much alike. I'm also dutch, and I've been in the same situation you're in right now. I've had a group of friends which I always used to hang out with ( still do right now ) and after HAVO we all went to do HBO and had TONS of free time - what did we do? We got stoned, hang on a bench somewhere in Utrecht and sat there and chilled. How-ever, from the 20 people we use to do this with - Some moved on and some didn't. I'm not sure how old you are - but judging by your story and my minimal knowledge about people my age your about 17 to 18 years old. This is the perfect time to decide: Am I going to be one of the people who takes this stop in life, and will I be stuck doing nothing and being a stoner? leading to quiting college, going on to find a job for minimum wage - or will I Finnish my study and make something out of myself? If my sketch is right and you really are 17-18 then be prepared. In 1/2 years you'll have friends introducing you to XTC and other drugs, and if you are easily addicted ( meaning you didn't train yourself in saying "no thanks not right now" every once in a while.. well then you'll have a hard time controlling your other drug use aswell. ;\ that's the naked truth.

I've seen about 20% of my friends turn the wrong way.. they use XTC more then twice a week, smoke (weed) daily and are performing bad in college. However the people who did learn to be responsible with their use now enjoy drugs AND perform well ( nearly done / done with college and good prospects in life ).

The people who found this out to late, are now struggling to keep up with the people who found it out earlier, and can't attend party's etc because their still stuck in their first year and quiting college 3 times in a row.

And about smoking: Smoking is bad, it doesn't get you high / in another state of consciousness and it's expensive in Holland. Therefor: limit it to party's and party's only.. simple as that in my opinion. I smoke half a pack when I go to raves/festivalls which is once every month / 2 months and occasionally smoke at birthdays and such.

NEVER Let boredom be an excuse to do drugs.. Boredom can be solved by finding a good hobby / making money irl / studying / enjoying music / having interesting conversations with people who know their shit / you name it! 

Sorry that this post turned into a shitwall of lecturing stuff ;"D Enough ranting rolleyes.gif

Good vibes :D

• Like 1

thanks in advance,

Devin

I can relate to what your saying. I think It's safe to say we're much alike. I'm also dutch, and I've been in the same situation you're in right now. I've had a group of friends which I always used to hang out with ( still do right now ) and after HAVO we all went to do HBO and had TONS of free time - what did we do? We got stoned, hang on a bench somewhere in Utrecht and sat there and chilled. How-ever, from the 20 people we use to do this with - Some moved on and some didn't. I'm not sure how old you are - but judging by your story and my minimal knowledge about people my age your about 17 to 18 years old. This is the perfect time to decide: Am I going to be one of the people who takes this stop in life, and will I be stuck doing nothing and being a stoner? leading to quiting college, going on to find a job for minimum wage - or will I Finnish my study and make something out of myself? If my sketch is right and you really are 17-18 then be prepared. In 1/2 years you'll have friends introducing you to XTC and other drugs, and if you are easily addicted ( meaning you didn't train yourself in saying "no thanks not right now" every once in a while.. well then you'll have a hard time controlling your other drug use aswell. ;\ that's the naked truth.

I've seen about 20% of my friends turn the wrong way.. they use XTC more then twice a week, smoke (weed) daily and are performing bad in college. However the people who did learn to be responsible with their use now enjoy drugs AND perform well ( nearly done / done with college and good prospects in life ).

The people who found this out to late, are now struggling to keep up with the people who found it out earlier, and can't attend party's etc because their still stuck in their first year and quiting college 3 times in a row.

And about smoking: Smoking is bad, it doesn't get you high / in another state of consciousness and it's expensive in Holland. Therefor: limit it to party's and party's only.. simple as that in my opinion. I smoke half a pack when I go to raves/festivalls which is once every month / 2 months and occasionally smoke at birthdays and such.

NEVER Let boredom be an excuse to do drugs.. Boredom can be solved by finding a good hobby / making money irl / studying / enjoying music / having interesting conversations with people who know their shit / you name it! 

Sorry that this post turned into a shitwall of lecturing stuff ;"D Enough ranting rolleyes.gif

Good vibes biggrin.png

i'm almost 17years yes. I totally get what your saying.

the group i mostly hang out with, still likes to smoke everyday. i personally dont think its that ''fun'' anymore to do.

i smoked for 2.5/3years now. (weed yes) and i am already doing alot more my best on school. i'm not ousite that much anymore and when i am outside, my goal is to go outside with other people as much as possible.

lets say we have these 2groups :

the more , criminal ones,

and the party ones.

both smoke and use xtc sometimes. i always was with the criminals. but that changed since i went to the MBO.

i can say no indeed to drugs. and i prefer to smoke just a joint when im outside and have fun with the group, instead of chilling just to smoke. > which i did with the criminal group.

i really appreciate that you took your time to actually help me feel better about this.

thank you sir.

Devin

get yourself an E-Cig; i've heard tons of people smoking a pack a day for 10+ years tried e-cig and ever went back! it's not the niccotine in cigs thats bad for you; it's how baccy is grown; + it's a vape so won't give you cancer :) or vape your baccy & bud; i don't smoke but i vape bud :3