Sale of heavily long broken scripts.

I've noticed a trend that seems disingenuous to the people who not only support OSBOT as free members. Also donors, premium subs and long standing members. I wanted to point out this is one specific example I've run into.

OSBOT continues to allow scripts notably broken, with the script dev still active on the forums, not responding to or even debugging the broken scripts. Not just a few messages but DOZENS. Only to be ignored but the script I've reported several times that is crazy broken.

Stealth Quester.

This script was amazing, dev was great and obviously life happens but going back more than a year, people including myself reporting broken parts of it. Where it stalls and spams endlessly an account of mine got banned. It was doing Arceus and just stayed stuck spamming a door for 3-9 hours and resulted in a botting ban. Others are minorly broken or completely broken.

Allowing a dev to keep getting $25 per purchaser when it's so broken, is crazy and feels almost like OSBot doesn't care that members even new ones lose money. I've had it for years and I've absolutely got value however for new purchases still be allowed seems crazy.

• Like 2

This is untrue the one's I reported last year are still broken, and if he had fixed anything why doesn't he post on his own sales thread updating people.

his last post in there was on...  April 13th.

Just in the last 4 pages of his thread is over 30 reports of broken quests if you go back to April, there are EVEN more, many of these broken quests being reported multiple times repeatedly.

@Czar being in discord won't fix anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czar said:

Alright I apologise, was just trying to help :( 

I don't have any issues with you and I appreciate the reply from a still very active dev.

It's more along the line of calling out the behavior that it appears admins are okay with, which is allow him to still be able to sell a very broken script that appears to be largely unsupported or maintained. He gets a % of the sale, so does OSBot, OSBOT appears they don't want to take it down because it's not fully 100% broken and they'll still money off of it. However he's not interested in updating, maintaining it. He logs in lurks, checks his $$$ made and then leaves.

Yup. Real life happens, I understand that. This is such a fundamental and important script to many osbot users, if the developer is dealing with other stuff for such a prolonged period of time that they're unable to maintain the script in a timely manner, osbot should step in and allow someone else to temporarily take over the script in my opinion. Not to mention the script writer being a "Script Officer" does not set a good precedence. Also some of the fixes are so simple being just NPC name changes. Certain quests like Ascent of Arceus like you said have been broken for year(s), remove it from the script if you're not going to fix it, problem solved kinda

Scripts price vs value is super good. I guess this might be one of the negatives associated with that. I'd happily pay more if updates were guaranteed in a timely manner.

It's still a great script as is and works fine for most quests.