I want to start coding, but I don't know where to start?

Anaesthetic

Hello all,

I am an avid runescape player (mostly RS3, but now I'm getting more into 07) and I am wondering if there are any good tutorials for getting to know the OSBOT API and how to script using OSBOT. I have minimal experience with Java, and I'm wondering if you guys know of any internet tutorials that are helpful/insightful, or you guys know of anyone who is willing to teach me.

Thanks a lot!

~~Turd Ferguson~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdil7v1J5es

He has a part two but I think those are the only two out on YouTube for OSBot coding. The video also assumes you have a basic understanding of Java. If you don't watch this (yes I know its long suck it up):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1fu6f8Hto

Honestly, do not start with Java, it is a medium difficulty programming language. Learn Turing first. It is the easiest language to learn (it is called the teaching language). Compsci.ca is the home of turing.

Next, learn basic Java, then read the main API for OSBot, and start scripting smile.png

Yeah man, if you want to make a big circle hit another circle, and bounce apart, learn Turing man wink.png

I forgot to mention, these circles are flat 2 Dimensional objects that you drew in paint, or stole off of Google wink.png

Sorry Zappa wink.png I took Turing in highschool, biggest waste of my time (BUT on your behalf you're right, its a great start to organizing and beginner scripting) smile.png! I understood basic C++ at the time, so it pissed me off

That's the only reason im so bias towards it!

If you are wanting to learn to make scripts, you can start in java. If you have any programming background, or desire to learn java, you can learn the basics. Which is really all you need to make simple scripts. 

if(you want to do something){

do it;}

Thats about how easy it is to make a basic script XD

With the exception of having the refer to the api and what not. 

Edited by Mysteryy

Honestly, do not start with Java, it is a medium difficulty programming language. Learn Turing first. It is the easiest language to learn (it is called the teaching language). Compsci.ca is the home of turing.

Next, learn basic Java, then read the main API for OSBot, and start scripting smile.png

Yeah man, if you want to make a big circle hit another circle, and bounce apart, learn Turing man wink.png

I forgot to mention, these circles are flat 2 Dimensional objects that you drew in paint, or stole off of Google wink.png

Sorry Zappa wink.png I took Turing in highschool, biggest waste of my time (BUT on your behalf you're right, its a great start to organizing and beginner scripting) smile.png! I understood basic C++ at the time, so it pissed me off

I thought it was too, but it is not. It teaches you the skills a programmer needs and how to think like a programmer and how to solve problems, which is needed to code anything.

I thought it was too, but it is not. It teaches you the skills a programmer needs and how to think like a programmer and how to solve problems, which is needed to code anything.

That is a good point :)!