Help using Jagex Launcher in MacOS

bamafaranramjam

Hey all,

I haven't used OSBot in a long time, since before jagex launcher.  I'm trying to run stealth injection without any luck on my Mac OS.

I can open the .jar fine and log in, and add a new bot instance.  The problem is my accounts are under a jagex account, and I can't seem to get it to log in through the jagex launcher in OSbot. 

Can someone explain the steps I need to take to get it to work properly?

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bamafaranramjam said:

Hey all,

I haven't used OSBot in a long time, since before jagex launcher.  I'm trying to run stealth injection without any luck on my Mac OS.

I can open the .jar fine and log in, and add a new bot instance.  The problem is my accounts are under a jagex account, and I can't seem to get it to log in through the jagex launcher in OSbot. 

Can someone explain the steps I need to take to get it to work properly?

Thanks!

You will need the Jagex Launcher they have you download for the Jagex accounts. Once you have that downloaded patch the game client to run through runelite. Restart the Jagex launcher then open using runelite client OSBot should appear instead with the stealth button being highlighted. Select, and you should be able to bot on the jagex account. If you wanna use Runelite for your non jagex accounts just unpatch game client right after starting bots up and it works like normal.

Edited by takeovertheworld

18 hours ago, takeovertheworld said:

You will need the Jagex Launcher they have you download for the Jagex accounts. Once you have that downloaded patch the game client to run through runelite. Restart the Jagex launcher then open using runelite client OSBot should appear instead with the stealth button being highlighted. Select, and you should be able to bot on the jagex account. If you wanna use Runelite for your non jagex accounts just unpatch game client right after starting bots up and it works like normal.

I appreciate the response but I've tried that with no luck.  I've patched through runelite and it says it was successful, but then when I run runelite through the jagex launcher it just opens runelite, it doesn't prompt OSBot at all.  I'm still at a loss

• 4 weeks later...

Unless I see a post from Patrick saying otherwise -  which I'd be very happy to read - I'm certain OSbot have made a decision not to support MacOS with the new Jagex accounts. A number of mac users have been voicing this for a while without a meaningful response or a fix. Most the advice you'll receive is from non-MAC OS users whose patch won't work on our machines. It's a real shame indeed, and disappointing that OsBot haven't declared it anywhere before impacted folks purchase new or additional scripts. Many of us are left with a number of paid scripts we're simply unable to use. 

• Administrator
On 2/18/2024 at 3:12 AM, Anon1 said:

Unless I see a post from Patrick saying otherwise -  which I'd be very happy to read - I'm certain OSbot have made a decision not to support MacOS with the new Jagex accounts. A number of mac users have been voicing this for a while without a meaningful response or a fix. Most the advice you'll receive is from non-MAC OS users whose patch won't work on our machines. It's a real shame indeed, and disappointing that OsBot haven't declared it anywhere before impacted folks purchase new or additional scripts. Many of us are left with a number of paid scripts we're simply unable to use. 

It seems you already have in your head something that isn't true. We just implemented the Jagex account working on our bot manager like one week ago. There are millions of NON jagex accounts still on the market for 10 cents each. I suggest in the mean time you do that. You aren't even a VIP, so two you could buy 100 accounts for 10 dollars and be set for a while at two accounts. You did not have to upgrade to a Jagex account prior to our supporting it. I will get you an answer, be it yes or no for support on Mac.

5 hours ago, Maldesto said:

It seems you already have in your head something that isn't true. We just implemented the Jagex account working on our bot manager like one week ago. There are millions of NON jagex accounts still on the market for 10 cents each. I suggest in the mean time you do that. You aren't even a VIP, so two you could buy 100 accounts for 10 dollars and be set for a while at two accounts. You did not have to upgrade to a Jagex account prior to our supporting it. I will get you an answer, be it yes or no for support on Mac.

I think there's some confusion here... and can sense your frustration at my post. It wasn't my intention, and think it's been misread. If you track back on the forums there's been posts on the issues with macs for several weeks and despite some posts on how to patch and update the launcher, the fix wouldn't work on Mac machines. The lack of acknowledgement or reply to these various threads, and continued support and patches for Windows and Linux users, led myself and others feel we were being neglected or, at worse, ignored. Your message to me privately suggests it was the former. With that said, I'm sorry to realize that the tone in my post here caused some frustration. It wasn't my intention but simply shared my honest perspective after closely tracking the forums since early January and trying all the fixes stated. 

I buy your scripts for fun only, to level a solo main account. I run no bot farm, make any profit from the game or even break even on the scripts so purchasing new, non-jagex accounts isn't a solution for me. We just wanted some clarity on Mac support which it seems we'll soon get, be it one way or another. I'll hold off on buying additional scripts until then and appreciate your attention to it,