Instant ban: after accepting gp on fresh acc OR completing tutorial on osbot?

thinkfast9999

Not sure if this is common but couldn't find anything directly regarding this - here's a bit of info on the circumstance. Let me know if you have any info regarding similar experience.

Preparing to test a script, my friend logged into an old account from a few years ago that was still on tutorial island. He completed tutorial island manually and ran to draynor to meet with one of my solo f2p money making accounts for some gold. I traded him 200k, and the millisecond we accepted the trade his fresh account was banned for macroing. The insta ban is interesting to me. Could be coincidence in timing and not related to trade but it was instant. Makes me think it might be one of these things:

- My account is flagged and they instant ban my friend upon trading to prevent muling of gp and remove gp from game(why not ban the gold farming account too? )
-Jagex checks fresh off tutorial island accounts for incoming gold
-Jagex checks if you are completing tutorial island on a non official client

I believe the last idea is likely true since I have had 2 other near instant bans after completing tutorial island on osbot. Both ran to the the cow field, logged out to write a cow killing script and by the time i was going to test 20 mins later they were both banned. Then I decided to complete tutorial island on runelite, and the account i completed on runelite is still active and i've run 4-8 hrs daily for weeks.

Again let me know if you have any info 

• Sad 1

I have been making 10-15 accs daily on stealth for the past few monthsd and I don't see any banns... 
I also trade cash to them with a mule that has been doing the same thing for over 3 years now

I did hear from other people they do get banns/locks when finishing tut accs on stealth, mainly if they are using a proxy/vpn

On 11/24/2022 at 3:10 AM, Khaleesi said:

I have been making 10-15 accs daily on stealth for the past few monthsd and I don't see any banns... 
I also trade cash to them with a mule that has been doing the same thing for over 3 years now

I did hear from other people they do get banns/locks when finishing tut accs on stealth, mainly if they are using a proxy/vpn

Thanks for the info. No vpn was used in my case. Will have to do more testing 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 9:20 PM, thinkfast9999 said:

Not sure if this is common but couldn't find anything directly regarding this - here's a bit of info on the circumstance. Let me know if you have any info regarding similar experience.

Preparing to test a script, my friend logged into an old account from a few years ago that was still on tutorial island. He completed tutorial island manually and ran to draynor to meet with one of my solo f2p money making accounts for some gold. I traded him 200k, and the millisecond we accepted the trade his fresh account was banned for macroing. The insta ban is interesting to me. Could be coincidence in timing and not related to trade but it was instant. Makes me think it might be one of these things:

- My account is flagged and they instant ban my friend upon trading to prevent muling of gp and remove gp from game(why not ban the gold farming account too? )
-Jagex checks fresh off tutorial island accounts for incoming gold
-Jagex checks if you are completing tutorial island on a non official client

I believe the last idea is likely true since I have had 2 other near instant bans after completing tutorial island on osbot. Both ran to the the cow field, logged out to write a cow killing script and by the time i was going to test 20 mins later they were both banned. Then I decided to complete tutorial island on runelite, and the account i completed on runelite is still active and i've run 4-8 hrs daily for weeks.

Again let me know if you have any info 

This happened to me too. What happened was that I created an account, I completed tutorial island manually then proceeded to head to the Grand Exchange where I would meet my mule and transfer some starting gp, I traded 100k gp and a Wooden Shield and the account was instantly banned after accepting however my mule/bot was safe.

• 1 year later...