Account hacked PC compromised advice?

2slik4uplaya

Hello everyone who reads this thank you for your time and advice.

Last week I was lured into downloading a link that would improve my QOL at TOA..after downloading the link about 45 seconds later my screen went black I changed password immediately but once I gained access to my account everything was gone 4b gp.

Since then I did a Windows 11 (restore) after reading on the internet that wasn't going to be enough I proceeded to download Windows 11 onto a USB and delete and reinstalled windows 11 completely. When doing so where the   partition screen popped up I deleted all then reinstalled windows on my hard drive. 

Now after doing this I signed into my windows account and have something called clouddrive and in that I still had some screenshots of some things which I figured would of been deleted. So it has my anxiety on 100. Is my account safe to use now? 

Was the reinstalling of windows 11 and deleting the partitions enough?

27 minutes ago, 2slik4uplaya said:

It was just some screenshots of RuneScape related things I'm just concerned with the fact that these screenshots still appeared on the computer after logging onto my account through Microsoft.

Muffins that face makes me worried is my computer done for do I need to stop using it ?

Looks like they infected your PC at a component/hardware level so just re-installing windows wouldn't have done the trick. Sorry to break the bad news. Gonna need new parts with different HWID's.

• Sad 1

Just out of curiosity what makes you think they infected at hardware level/comp level ? I know your going to know more about computers then I am just by the fact that I have no idea what HWID is and you do. Could you give me a bit more insight?

I'm just wondering because some sites I look online I see that me wiping the drive like I did then reinstalling windows should fix the problem but then other sites say if my PC was hacked at a certain level I may need to take extra precautions etc but for me to be worried about something like that if I had sensitive information about the president of the United States. So I really just want to know how I to fix this problem the correct way sir. Thank you for your help muffin.

Edited by 2slik4uplaya

52 minutes ago, FushigiBot said:

Windows now automatically installs OneDrive and even forces some of the folders to go there. Don't worry about it.

Ok so you think after deleting my partitions and reinstalling windows 11 from the USB stick back onto my computer I should be fine to use my computer now ? I called a couple repair shops around here and they said that's exactly what they would do so I should be fine? I just need a little reassurance guys I don't wanna waste my time and money buying more gold etc and all this if he can just get back on my computer and steal my stuff again.

3 hours ago, 2slik4uplaya said:

Ok so you think after deleting my partitions and reinstalling windows 11 from the USB stick back onto my computer I should be fine to use my computer now ? I called a couple repair shops around here and they said that's exactly what they would do so I should be fine? I just need a little reassurance guys I don't wanna waste my time and money buying more gold etc and all this if he can just get back on my computer and steal my stuff again.

You have taken the steps necessary to wipe your computer - I believe you're fine.

10 minutes ago, 2slik4uplaya said:

I do have a question is there anyway of taking the link that this guy sent me on discord and escalating the issue ? Any way of getting this guy caught? Any way of any kind of payback?

Seems like a lot of trouble for nothing - you should just learn from your mistakes and continue your botting journey.

11 hours ago, FushigiBot said:

If you can prove the guy is doing legit business elsewhere, like osbot or other popular runescape websites, you can report him/her in those.

I'm pretty positive he was using a different discord name was a secondary account he probably only uses for this and I know his main account he was on had to for sure be a stolen or bought account how would I go about this after he blocked me on discord etc? Is there a way of getting his IP address etc?

One thing I do wonder though with these type of guys wouldn't it be possible for them to use a VPN and it never linking back to them like that?