(Nord)VPN for account creation does not work

badmomzj

Most VPN IPs are blocked when it comes to creation (and sometimes access the account on the website), since Jagex already knows they are commercial IPs and can be abused. The system Jagex uses is commercial and they keep track of these, and do constantly update their database.

Create accounts either on your home IP while on private browsing mode. Don't go crazy. Do 1 or 2 at a time. Either that or on a clean proxy (as in one that's not blocked by the system).

Edited by FushigiBot
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, badmomzj said:

Thanks for the hint!

For account creation, if I use my home IP and a bot that's been created with that IP is getting banned - that could be back-traceable to my home IP and prevent me from account creation in the future, couldnt it? 

Takes a lot to do that to a "clean" IP

Echoing what Gunman wrote, it takes a lot to flag an IP -- especially a residential one. 

It has only happened to me once back in 2019 - 2020. I was running a bunch of accounts without VPN or proxies. At one point I had half of my farm at NMZ and the other half spread out. Jagex did a sweep at NMZ. All accounts banned. A day or two later, all other bots were banned as well. Chained through IP most likely. Couldn't create accounts or even bot on that IP anymore (Accounts would be banned within minutes lmao).

I reset my router, got a new IP, and problem fixed.