Need mac help

xxgruntxx

Im just coming back after years and now I have a new Mac. I cant get the bot to run at all, its saying that my Java version is 18. I've followed the link to the java section on here but the post seems out dated/not well detailed for mac users who aren't already savy. 

Im trying to figure out how to uninstall all java versions and only have 8 if thats whats needed. I've followed a uninstall java program, iv'e copy pasted unistall script into terminal and then downloaded java 8 but its saying im running 18 still.

Is their a simple way to explain how to remove all java's and only have 8 so that it would work on my mac?

Edit: when I go into preferences>Java and check version it says im running java 8 but when I try to open the jar it would give me the message about running Java 18 and to visit the forum/java. 

Edited by xxgruntxx

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0 --exec java -jar OSBot\ 2.6.42.jar    do that in terminal and it should run just make sure to do cd and where the osbot jar is

3 hours ago, xxgruntxx said:

I've seen others post the same but no one ever posted a solution lol

just posted solution if you need

5 hours ago, Trevor Bernard said:

Been having the same problem, let me know if you get it fixed

POSTED SOLUTION 

11 minutes ago, Dogcube said:

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0 --exec java -jar OSBot\ 2.6.42.jar    do that in terminal and it should run just make sure to do cd and where the osbot jar is

just posted solution if you need

POSTED SOLUTION 

I pasted it said unable to access jar file. 

What does make sure to do cd and where the osbot jar is mean? 

3 hours ago, xxgruntxx said:

I pasted it said unable to access jar file. 

What does make sure to do cd and where the osbot jar is mean? 

do you know what a directory is if so cd is basically going to the directory so lets say your osbot jar is in the downloads then you would type cd downloads and it would open that folder