OSRS Bot Scripting

Stando

Hello everyone, my name is Stando. I am interested in creating bots for OSRS, but I do not know where to start. 

I watched a tutorial for creating one in JS, but the tutorial doesn't use IDs for chopping logs(uses color), and it doesn't having a banking() function either.

One tutorial in Java wrote commands for the bot, but never ran the bot to test them. It is one hour of creating methods with no visual in game examples.

Other examples on this site that use @ScriptManifest or extend AbstractScript don't work for me.

Is there anywhere that I could go to begin?   

1 hour ago, Stando said:

Hello everyone, my name is Stando. I am interested in creating bots for OSRS, but I do not know where to start. 

I watched a tutorial for creating one in JS, but the tutorial doesn't use IDs for chopping logs(uses color), and it doesn't having a banking() function either.

One tutorial in Java wrote commands for the bot, but never ran the bot to test them. It is one hour of creating methods with no visual in game examples.

Other examples on this site that use @ScriptManifest or extend AbstractScript don't work for me.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stando said:

is that tutorial you watched the one by learncodebygaming.com?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCongregation said:

I had so much fun with that tutorial on private serves! But I had to input new colours every time, they were never the same.

Have you tried with success to develop scripts that use IDs instead? Wouldn't that change the methods only slightly? Also, did you add any banking features?

9 hours ago, Stando said:

Have you tried with success to develop scripts that use IDs instead? Wouldn't that change the methods only slightly? Also, did you add any banking features?

no but I added evade and heal feature if heath went different colour to green for the wc bot and I made a cow and goblin killing bot and added a healing feature which would wait until health regens to green before continuing. 

I just dropped the logs for the wc bot whenever inventory space 27 found a log, never bothered banking, I couldn't figure out exactly how to do it except maybe using a teleport and then static mini-map movements. 

I would love to get into coding again, I'm just looking at apaecs guide and explv's and man, looks fun! But not my season atm atm. 

4 hours ago, TheCongregation said:

no but I added evade and heal feature if heath went different colour to green for the wc bot and I made a cow and goblin killing bot and added a healing feature which would wait until health regens to green before continuing. 

I just dropped the logs for the wc bot whenever inventory space 27 found a log, never bothered banking, I couldn't figure out exactly how to do it except maybe using a teleport and then static mini-map movements. 

I would love to get into coding again, I'm just looking at apaecs guide and explv's and man, looks fun! But not my season atm atm. 

Thnaks for posting some of the steps that you took. I personally enjoy coding, but I would just take my time with getting back into it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stando said:

Thnaks for posting some of the steps that you took. I personally enjoy coding, but I would just take my time with getting back into it.

maybe we can work on one together rather than both being so timid and neglectful about our enjoyment of coding. I would like to work on a bot that telegrabs nature runes in deep wild f2p. 

there is a bunch of (spaghetti) but free code here for us to study in order to make it more tidy and our own: 

4 hours ago, TheCongregation said:

maybe we can work on one together rather than both being so timid and neglectful about our enjoyment of coding. I would like to work on a bot that telegrabs nature runes in deep wild f2p. 

there is a bunch of (spaghetti) but free code here for us to study in order to make it more tidy and our own: 

Sounds good actually. I am not opposed to it, and I feel like that would also assist in learning.