On the odds of getting a succesful appeal

Pryde

So I wanted to open this thread to discussion about the odds of actually getting a succesful appeal on marco permabans.

In my infinite wisdom I pretty much disregarded every single tip to not get banned on my main and got a 2 day ban as a warning, after that I decided to play it safe and staying clean off botting for a while but being the big dumbass that I am ended up botting for skilling thieving in an attempt to dodge the early repetitive grinding that comes with that skill. This time thinking I learnt a lesson I tried to have the bot active on very short time intervals (just 20 mins at a time) and took long breaks (maybe getting little over an hour and a half of total botting time), anyways it was all for nothing as I learnt when I logged back the next morning and was welcomed with the dreaded "your account was suspended" message. Long story short I got my main and only acc permabanned.

Because of it I started reading about appeals and heard some people saying they got lucky with the "I admit to botting and I regret it" strategy but most waited a couple months before appealing. Anyone has had some success with this method or any other one? 

All discussion is welcomed!

I've been trying to appeal some of my earlier accounts that were perm bans but to no success, obviously there are some exceptions to people's luck on getting unbanned but in your case, I see it as your account is basically screwed and there's little to no chance of getting it back, but that would probably depend on your account progression. You were temp banned once and you didn't learn so in theory you shouldn't be given a third chance at coming back. Though, you should always give it a try and if they don't accept, just give it up.

48 minutes ago, WetTofu said:

I've been trying to appeal some of my earlier accounts that were perm bans but to no success, obviously there are some exceptions to people's luck on getting unbanned but in your case, I see it as your account is basically screwed and there's little to no chance of getting it back, but that would probably depend on your account progression. You were temp banned once and you didn't learn so in theory you shouldn't be given a third chance at coming back. Though, you should always give it a try and if they don't accept, just give it up.

Which path did you take on your appeals? You denied the botting charges, said your accounts where stolen or did you admit to botting and apologized?

37 minutes ago, Pryde said:

Which path did you take on your appeals? You denied the botting charges, said your accounts where stolen or did you admit to botting and apologized?

Never selected stolen because I do everything on my home ip so I just admit to botting and apologize but like most of the times, it just doesn't work.

If you botted on a different IP to the one you usually play on (home, school, work etc.) you could claim your account was hacked. I know some people have gone all out suicide madness botting hundreds of hours straight on their main but on an IP located on the other side of the world. Once they're banned they just say 'oh I had no idea, I was hacked and now I come back to play RS and I'm banned for botting'. That works a lot of the time, but needs a little forward thinking. So not sure if that's something you can do in your situation.

I've never had any experience with the 'I'm sorry' route. Even though I've got one 2-letter name account which was banned for botting (lol don't ask) I never got myself to appeal it, I'm sort of doubtful it'd work but I figured if I only have one shot at it I'd make it count so I've been waiting a couple years now in hopes it'd increase my chances of success.

In any case, the whole process takes time and you usually get a reply after about a month. If you're going to wait before appealing that only adds whatever time you wait to it. I'd say, make a new account and play on it in the meantime, if you do get unbanned then that's great and you'd have two accounts. If not, then at least you didn't waste any time before starting over.

do NOT admit to botting. that is a sure fire way to stay banned.
You have to realize jagex gets 100's of appeals a day saying "i botted and i regret it cause you caught me redhanded"
Thats like stealing at a grocery store and telling the police you stole stuff but you regret it, they still going to take to you jail, or give you a ticket, you just gave them an admission of guilt.

Jages i no different, do not admit to a fault, if you admit, they have permanent grounds to ban you. That is why there is a post when appealing saying all bot busting offences are considered final.

The only way to get unbanned, is if you are a streamer, or a long veteran of osrs in which case, you can write to them on reddit, or twitter, and demand a review.
Most popular streamers have direct access to jmods, and can get unbanned quickly, or like myself are a veteran player since 2001
I appealed one time on my main back in 2017 when i got a 2 day ban, i have half max 99s and max quest points etc.

I sent a submission to a Jmod on the forums and they quashed my ban after "Further account review" so i was in the safe again with my main (which i play to this day)

I was doing about 8 hours a day at vorkath legit, trying to get pet.

Moral of the story, many many many botters say the same repetative story about how they won't bot again. Face it you are writing on a botting website, you know you are guilty, they are not stupid.
Typically legit players will get unbanned, or not banned at all.

The old saying goes "Do not bot if you are not ready to lose the account"