Arcus and Bogla CLOSED

Maldesto

14 hours ago, Probability said:

But this is why I think the spread (i.e. difference between buy and sell prices) would increase.

I don't think the value of the gold changes versus USD. Since you take out a large market maker, the other market markets will increase the price at which they sell gold and reduce the price at which they buy gold.

Overall I think it's a negative for botters who are farming gold to sell.

Again, happy to be wrong, I don't have a crystal ball.

Hey i'm with you man, i think we all hope you're wrong lol.

It's just that there are so many people who think big sites like bogla/arcus etc are their ONLY way to buy gold. I've had so many people come to me buying or selling to me for the first time and they say like "i've always used bogla but my friend told me...." etc. Those people who don't know any better payed extra w/ bogla/arcus for the trust and they'd be willing to do the same with private sellers, assuming you're not some random with 0 reputation, of course. I think most people who sell gold frequently can agree here.

In regards to the spread, it could definitely happen. What i described above literally works both ways, people will be willing to buy higher for trust and they'll also sell lower. 

Edited by ForBobo

On 11/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, ForBobo said:

Hey i'm with you man, i think we all hope you're wrong lol.

It's just that there are so many people who think big sites like bogla/arcus etc are their ONLY way to buy gold. I've had so many people come to me buying or selling to me for the first time and they say like "i've always used bogla but my friend told me...." etc. Those people who don't know any better payed extra w/ bogla/arcus for the trust and they'd be willing to do the same with private sellers, assuming you're not some random with 0 reputation, of course. I think most people who sell gold frequently can agree here.

In regards to the spread, it could definitely happen. What i described above literally works both ways, people will be willing to buy higher for trust and they'll also sell lower. 

Have taken a few sample prices. As far, spreads have widened (was 0.10 - 0.15 just the other day, now 0.11 to 0.19). Twitch Prime would have caused a lot of gold supply which should push down their sales price but it's not. They're just lowering their bid prices for gold because each now has a stronger market position with Bolga/Arcus out of the way.

Merch - Sell / Buy / Spread

ezrsgold - 0.63 / 0.42 / 0.19 
food4rs - 0.60 / 0.44 / 0.16
rsmils - 0.59 / 0.48 / 0.11
probemas 0.62 / 0.43 / 0.19

Edited by Probability
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...