Issue with java version

SinisterSerpent

When I try to run osbot I get the "You are currently running version 10.0.2 of Java... etc" message. I've followed the steps in osbot.org/forum/java and created a batch file with the following line:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_211\jre\bin\java.exe -jar "osrs.jar" (my osbot jar is called osrs.jar)

But nothing seems to be happening? When I run it a cmd window flashes for a second and then nothing happens

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Edited by SinisterSerpent

12 minutes ago, SinisterSerpent said:

When I try to run osbot I get the "You are currently running version 10.0.2 of Java... etc" message. I've followed the steps in osbot.org/forum/java and created a batch file with the following line:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_211\jre\bin\java.exe -jar "osrs.jar" (my osbot jar is called osrs.jar)

But nothing seems to be happening? When I run it a cmd window flashes for a second and then nothing happens

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Do you have Discord? If so add me: Proton#8570 , pretty sure you have the wrong version of Java, you need to be using Java 8, not 10.

12 minutes ago, Chorux said:

Is your osbot filename "osrs.jar"? Also, use shift+right click on the folder and and choose "Open command prompt here" and then run the bat file to see the error.

E: Or if there is "Open PowerShell here" then use that and run the bat using ./filename.bat

I did as you suggesed, the problem was the space between "Program Files". 

Putting the path in quotes fixed this

Thanks! 

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, silentra1n said:

I had this same issue. I want to clarify for anyone with this problem, the solution looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_231\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "OSbot.jar"

pasted into the notepad then saved as a .bat. 

Thank you for posting this. I've been battling this for over 2 hours and it was that simple to fix lmao