Bot clients can be detected and flagged immediately depending on OS

caketeaparty

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, iamjayx said:

They definitely can't and don't do this. It's intrusive and illegal in most countries. Bot detection is based off patterns, length, and whether or not you do randoms/other human interaction like trades or responding to people. Jagex isn't going to break the law or risk being caught breaking the law as a multimillion dollar company just to spy on 15 year olds botting their game that already has, and has had since the beginning - systems and teams built for that exact purpose. Get real dawg.

Wasn't aware there were lawyers on this website. Too bad you're an idiot. 

It's not illegal to have client side anti-cheat... If it is, shutdown Fortnite, Rust, and Battlefield this instant! It's even funnier you said that because of jaclib (Runescape anti-cheat library) being exposed back in the day which contained basically exactly what I stated above. 

15 hours ago, Hernandez2000 said:

Is there any way for jagex to detect a VM? I kinda want to make a linux VM to up my alch and nmz times cuz I only do 2-4 hours a day, but I'm not sure if VM can up detection rate.

Vm emulates an actual OS, on their end you're just another user. Used to have to run multi VMs with Scar back in the day when proper injection bots didn't exist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamjayx said:

It is illegal as hell to Spy on someones operating system without their permission. Client-side anti cheat is part of a games TOS. Huge difference between backdooring your users as "anti cheat" vs having a overall system to detect patterns, which they do as already stated. Too bad you can't read basic English that's right in front of you but would rather twist it in a sad attempt to sound smart, too bad you're an idiot. Keep your tinfoil hat tight buddy, you're a special snowflake and Jagex is making a personal agenda to watch every move you make. Careful what you fap to, it might get you banned.

Again, get real dawg.

Checking the source of input is not illegal....... Please quote some  laws and provide sources before you make such insane claims.. 

8 hours ago, iamjayx said:

Again not what I said, cool basic comprehension. Spying on your users and banning based on what OS theyre using IS, hence the context of this entire thread.

"quote some laws" Use basic intelligence, A multi-million dollar company isn't going to spend time and effort singling their players out bsed on what OS they use. Yes it IS Illegal, just because you don't believe it doesn't make it not illegal. It is a major intrusion of privacy, Companies get in trouble EVERY day for accidentally getting "hacked" or leaking their database, if privacy laws didn't exist those "hackers" wouldn't get caught and get in trouble most of the time, I'm not some global law lawyer, never claimed to be actually - you were the one that again assumed it so do the simple google search yourself and look it the fuck up.

Also good thing runescapes "jaclib" has zero to do with shit like VAC that the player AGREES TO ALLOWING IT TO WATCH/CONTROL THE OS vs just doing it in the background without anyone knowing.

That's not how burden of proof works. Anyhow, it's not exactly spying if you're telling your users that you're doing it. It's completely legal. This is exactly the reason why privacy policies exist. Companies can get in trouble for breaking DPA though.

A familiar example might be if a user buys a product or service and the company, employee, or owner who has responsibility towards keeping whatever data that was gathered during the transaction private -Shipping/personal details etc leaks them. This is illegal and can be reported to whatever ICO which is local to where the business is situated. The general procedure is a fine but it varies depending on where your business is situated - in some cases, it can even be seen as criminal.

If you're unsure on what Jagexs' privacy policy is, feel free to read it at https://www.jagex.com/en-GB/terms/privacy

Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, unique mobile device identification numbers (such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), type of device, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.

You're well within your right to decline the TOS/Privacy policy and stop using Jagex products if you find them too intrusive. My conclusion is that you really don't know what you're talking about and refused to post any proof because you didn't have any. Disregarding the privacy policy, it's also crystal clear that the client does in fact report back OS versions. https://github.com/runelite-extended/runelite/blob/25ce6c2ee91c30b65498bc1d6ea46c4bfde9dcf3/runescape-client/src/main/java/DesktopPlatformInfoProvider.java

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamjayx said:

yeah because arguing with an actual retard is worth my time therefore I don't know what I'm talking about and jagex is spying on you special little snowflakes

ya that's how basic logic works

Hardly arguing when you haven't said a single thing of logical substance. It's really more like talking down to a child. We've already clarified that it's not spying because they're telling you they do it and we've already pointed out the code in the client which does it. Can't be spying because it isn't being done secretly. Subhuman smooth brained trash. I'm sorry your mom smoked so much crack during her pregnancy with you.

Keep editing your posts :)