Slayer tips needed

Vorkath

So I've always wanted a high slayer level but never found training it to appealing. Now, with release of hydra along with other slayer bosses I have accepted the fact that I need to get into it. I'm 70 slayer and maxed combat, should I be using Duradel  over nieve? Also should I unlock boss tasks such as wilderness bosses, gwd, tzhaar? Also what tasks do you recommend blocking? Trying to make this slayer process as smooth as possible 

16 minutes ago, Vorkath said:

So I've always wanted a high slayer level but never found training it to appealing. Now, with release of hydra along with other slayer bosses I have accepted the fact that I need to get into it. I'm 70 slayer and maxed combat, should I be using Duradel  over nieve? Also should I unlock boss tasks such as wilderness bosses, gwd, tzhaar? Also what tasks do you recommend blocking? Trying to make this slayer process as smooth as possible 

If you want quick exp dont unlock bossing. There's also a spreadsheet that tells you what to skip/block/do. Your choice on whether its Duradel or Nieve, find the spreadsheet and make your choice.

Edited by NeonAsura

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I wouldn't block black demons. If you do MM2 and have black demons you can actually do demonic gorillas which is not only just money but they actually force you to pay attention to the game

Im at 95 rn and I personally hate black demons lol. I just try to do afk tasks so I don't burn out.

28 minutes ago, NeonAsura said:

If you want quick exp dont unlock bossing. There's also a spreadsheet that tells you what to skip/block/do. Your choice on whether its Duradel or Nieve, find the spreadsheet and make your choice.

Actually some bosses can be really quick xp. If you do solo pvm at all I would highly recommend unlocking them, because some tasks like Zulrah you can get 3 of them for 5k xp + whatever slayer xp on top of that. 

Personally I've been grinding away at slayer recently so I guess I can chime in with my knowledge while it's fresh.
In the spoiler below I've made a basic Slayer blocklist. 
A very rudimentary approach; Ice Barrage where it makes sense, cannon other tasks and skip everything else.
I want to point out that, there is no single correct Blocklist, as they are very much based on preference. Nonetheless, it's generally agreed that Spiritual Creatures, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles, Hellhounds and Greater Demons should always be blocked(if you are going for XP/h).
You should be using Duradel.

Blocklist

Spoiler

Blocklist:
Spiritual creatures, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles, Hellounds, Greater Demons, Black Demons (+Abbysal Demons).
Slaughter:
Smoke devils (160k/hr without sups), Nechryaels(extended) with alt (110k/hr without sups), Dust Devils(extended) with alt(105k/hr without sups)
Expeditious:
Dagannoths (85k/hr), Kalphites(76k/hr), Suqah(58k/hr, unextended), Trolls(54k/hr), Dark Beasts( 45k/hr unextended), Black Dragons(40k/hr unextended)
A quick explanation to each task/block;
The blocklist consists of tasks which have high weighting1 and are inefficient in terms of XP/h. Assuming you have all 6 block slots unlocked these are the ones you should block. 
Although I do not block Black Demons, the reason being that I enjoy doing them as a AFK-able task/"breather" while I have a snack or go pee etc. between the more intensive tasks which I need to be more attentive at.
NOTE: Abbyssal Demons are high XP/h if you barrage them(smoke barrage) in the Kourend Catacombs, although this is rare(unless you have access to 2200 worlds or feel confident to do it in a PVP-world) due to the area almost guaranteed to occupied and world-hopping might take a while(you could always crash someone, preferably an IM/HCIM/UIM).

While it may seem strange to use Expiditious bracelet at tasks such as Dagannoths, Kalphites and Suqahs it is still the best way to go if you are aiming for the highest XP/h.
The fastest tasks by far are Smoke devils, Nechryaels, Dust devils in that order. You should be Ice Barraging these.
However, I'm guessing you most likely won't be playing for 10+ hours each day or going for any CML record so while the above is the best XP/h I'll tailor a more suitable approach for you below.

Your Blocklist should have Hellhounds, Greater Demons, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles and Spiritual Creatures in that specific order, if you have less than 5 slots remove starting from the last. So if you only have 3 slots block Hellhounds, Greater Demons and Cave Krakens. 
Tip: Since you said you are maxed combat you could unlock Tzhaar and do Jad, depending on your gear it could be a 60k XP/h task and you get a fire cape. Regardless if you don't want to do it you can just minigame teleport, run in and exit instead of paying 30 points to skip. I ended up with 40+ fire capes and 4 inferno capes with this. So the account is pretty much set for life with melee capes.

You should be using Slaughter bracelet for:
Smoke Devils, Nechryaels, Dust Devils, Dagannoths, Kalphites and Suqahs.
You should be using Expeditious bracelet for:
Black Dragons, Trolls, Dark Beasts.
Depending on your personal preference, you could do tasks such as Black Demons, Steel Dragons2 although I encourage you to skip the latter. Should you prefer to do them regardless then use Expiditious bracelets. 
Finally for every other task; skip.
Your Slayer points should break even or dance around a ±1 Slayer points per task average.

Final words
You will need a good chunk of money to get high XP/h. I used around 250k cannonballs, 2k prayer potions and 500+ super combat potions.
I managed to do 1-99 Slayer in about 2 weeks(12 hours per day average) while stocking up 4000 points for Hydra back in December. I was using high end gear, Bandos, Ancestral, Twisted Bow, Rapier with Avernic etc. You don't need Twisted Bow and all that to reach ~80k XP/h but it helps. 

Link to Slayer spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JP-Kg3CIR8kT_qJMo_Gm6xaUSdul2zv34jMY-WeF34A/edit?usp=sharing
1. https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Duradel#Assignments ;As I was writing this I remembered the Kebos Lowlands update brought new Slayer creatures to both the game and the old Slayer Masters. While the weighting is not yet determined I don't think they have a very high one so you shouldn't be very affected by this.
2. If you decide to do Steel Dragons, or Iron Dragons(highly discouraged) you should be using Magic with Toxic trident and Extended Superantifire so you can wield a Magic off-hand instead of Anti-dragonfire shield/DFS.

I might have missed some things so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

3 hours ago, Vorkath said:

wilderness slayer with cannon/craw's bow imo

7 hours ago, fhhhphgj said:

Personally I've been grinding away at slayer recently so I guess I can chime in with my knowledge while it's fresh.
In the spoiler below I've made a basic Slayer blocklist. 
A very rudimentary approach; Ice Barrage where it makes sense, cannon other tasks and skip everything else.
I want to point out that, there is no single correct Blocklist, as they are very much based on preference. Nonetheless, it's generally agreed that Spiritual Creatures, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles, Hellhounds and Greater Demons should always be blocked(if you are going for XP/h).
You should be using Duradel.

Blocklist

Hide contents

Blocklist:
Spiritual creatures, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles, Hellounds, Greater Demons, Black Demons (+Abbysal Demons).
Slaughter:
Smoke devils (160k/hr without sups), Nechryaels(extended) with alt (110k/hr without sups), Dust Devils(extended) with alt(105k/hr without sups)
Expeditious:
Dagannoths (85k/hr), Kalphites(76k/hr), Suqah(58k/hr, unextended), Trolls(54k/hr), Dark Beasts( 45k/hr unextended), Black Dragons(40k/hr unextended)
A quick explanation to each task/block;
The blocklist consists of tasks which have high weighting1 and are inefficient in terms of XP/h. Assuming you have all 6 block slots unlocked these are the ones you should block. 
Although I do not block Black Demons, the reason being that I enjoy doing them as a AFK-able task/"breather" while I have a snack or go pee etc. between the more intensive tasks which I need to be more attentive at.
NOTE: Abbyssal Demons are high XP/h if you barrage them(smoke barrage) in the Kourend Catacombs, although this is rare(unless you have access to 2200 worlds or feel confident to do it in a PVP-world) due to the area almost guaranteed to occupied and world-hopping might take a while(you could always crash someone, preferably an IM/HCIM/UIM).

While it may seem strange to use Expiditious bracelet at tasks such as Dagannoths, Kalphites and Suqahs it is still the best way to go if you are aiming for the highest XP/h.
The fastest tasks by far are Smoke devils, Nechryaels, Dust devils in that order. You should be Ice Barraging these.
However, I'm guessing you most likely won't be playing for 10+ hours each day or going for any CML record so while the above is the best XP/h I'll tailor a more suitable approach for you below.

Your Blocklist should have Hellhounds, Greater Demons, Cave Kraken, Gargoyles and Spiritual Creatures in that specific order, if you have less than 5 slots remove starting from the last. So if you only have 3 slots block Hellhounds, Greater Demons and Cave Krakens. 
Tip: Since you said you are maxed combat you could unlock Tzhaar and do Jad, depending on your gear it could be a 60k XP/h task and you get a fire cape. Regardless if you don't want to do it you can just minigame teleport, run in and exit instead of paying 30 points to skip. I ended up with 40+ fire capes and 4 inferno capes with this. So the account is pretty much set for life with melee capes.

You should be using Slaughter bracelet for:
Smoke Devils, Nechryaels, Dust Devils, Dagannoths, Kalphites and Suqahs.
You should be using Expeditious bracelet for:
Black Dragons, Trolls, Dark Beasts.
Depending on your personal preference, you could do tasks such as Black Demons, Steel Dragons2 although I encourage you to skip the latter. Should you prefer to do them regardless then use Expiditious bracelets. 
Finally for every other task; skip.
Your Slayer points should break even or dance around a ±1 Slayer points per task average.

Final words
You will need a good chunk of money to get high XP/h. I used around 250k cannonballs, 2k prayer potions and 500+ super combat potions.
I managed to do 1-99 Slayer in about 2 weeks(12 hours per day average) while stocking up 4000 points for Hydra back in December. I was using high end gear, Bandos, Ancestral, Twisted Bow, Rapier with Avernic etc. You don't need Twisted Bow and all that to reach ~80k XP/h but it helps. 

Link to Slayer spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JP-Kg3CIR8kT_qJMo_Gm6xaUSdul2zv34jMY-WeF34A/edit?usp=sharing
1. https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Duradel#Assignments ;As I was writing this I remembered the Kebos Lowlands update brought new Slayer creatures to both the game and the old Slayer Masters. While the weighting is not yet determined I don't think they have a very high one so you shouldn't be very affected by this.
2. If you decide to do Steel Dragons, or Iron Dragons(highly discouraged) you should be using Magic with Toxic trident and Extended Superantifire so you can wield a Magic off-hand instead of Anti-dragonfire shield/DFS.

I might have missed some things so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Great guideline thank you for your input and time. I really appreciate it 

9 hours ago, BigRed said:

Cannon as many tasks as you can if you can afford it. Block black demons.

9 hours ago, NeonAsura said:

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I wouldn't block black demons. If you do MM2 and have black demons you can actually do demonic gorillas which is not only just money but they actually force you to pay attention to the game

8 hours ago, Koschei said:

Actually some bosses can be really quick xp. If you do solo pvm at all I would highly recommend unlocking them, because some tasks like Zulrah you can get 3 of them for 5k xp + whatever slayer xp on top of that. 

6 hours ago, gearing said:

wilderness slayer with cannon/craw's bow imo

Thank you for all of your alls input. I really appreciate it. I saw some say block black demons, one guy mentioned demonic gorillas, I do have mm2 unlocked so would it be worth keeping those unblocked and doing those? Also, when it comes to hellhounds,  I know I'm a long way off but would it be worth to unblock those when it comes time for Cerberus? 

6 hours ago, Vorkath said:

Thank you for all of your alls input. I really appreciate it. I saw some say block black demons, one guy mentioned demonic gorillas, I do have mm2 unlocked so would it be worth keeping those unblocked and doing those? Also, when it comes to hellhounds,  I know I'm a long way off but would it be worth to unblock those when it comes time for Cerberus? 

Well it is entirely up to you, my response was more focused around high XP/h.
If the case is that you prefer money over high XP/h some tasks should be kept; such as Black Demons and/or Hellhounds which are substituted for Demonic Gorillas and/or Cerberus respectively.

Worth to mention is most of the time the Barrage tasks break even so you shouldn't be worried about spending money on runes and supplies when it comes to those.

As with most skills; fast methods cost more and slow methods cost less or earn money.

36 minutes ago, fhhhphgj said:

Well it is entirely up to you, my response was more focused around high XP/h.
If the case is that you prefer money over high XP/h some tasks should be kept; such as Black Demons and/or Hellhounds which are substituted for Demonic Gorillas and/or Cerberus respectively.

Worth to mention is most of the time the Barrage tasks break even so you shouldn't be worried about spending money on runes and supplies when it comes to those.

As with most skills; fast methods cost more and slow methods cost less or earn money.

I have about 350mish bank so I have some to spare on supplies for greater xp/hr. So on the shitty task such as iron drags etc you simply just skip vs block em? Also what about your random tasks such as fire giants, bloodvelds? Just skip em or do em? Also the new wyrms, I believe they may be worth blocking cause cant cannon or anything and it's fairly slow maybe worth blocking those over greater demons but idk I'm a slayer noob Haha but 99 slayer in 2 weeks is fuckin incredible lol

Edited by Vorkath

1 hour ago, Vorkath said:

I have about 350mish bank so I have some to spare on supplies for greater xp/hr. So on the shitty task such as iron drags etc you simply just skip vs block em? Also what about your random tasks such as fire giants, bloodvelds? Just skip em or do em? Also the new wyrms, I believe they may be worth blocking cause cant cannon or anything and it's fairly slow maybe worth blocking those over greater demons but idk I'm a slayer noob Haha but 99 slayer in 2 weeks is fuckin incredible lol

I guess you could do Iron Dragons, they occasionally drop rune items and other alch-ables. They are somewhat semi-AFK-able but you do have to keep an close attention on your anti-fire.

Here's the thing, if you choose to do tasks such as Fire Giants, Bloodvelds etc. you could reach somewhere around 40k XP/h (overall Slayer XP/h). So it's your call where to draw the line in terms of efficiency to GP.
As for the new Wyrms I couldn't tell you as I haven't got a single clue; only been farming the Alchemical Hydra.

I still think you should block Greater Demons because they have 9 weighting on Duradel and I doubt Wyrms will be revealed to have equal or higher, so you should just skip them if you don't feel like doing them.

I'll send you a PM of what my loot tab looked like from 1-99 Slayer doing the most XP/h efficient way.

1 hour ago, fhhhphgj said:

I guess you could do Iron Dragons, they occasionally drop rune items and other alch-ables. They are somewhat semi-AFK-able but you do have to keep an close attention on your anti-fire.

Here's the thing, if you choose to do tasks such as Fire Giants, Bloodvelds etc. you could reach somewhere around 40k XP/h (overall Slayer XP/h). So it's your call where to draw the line in terms of efficiency to GP.
As for the new Wyrms I couldn't tell you as I haven't got a single clue; only been farming the Alchemical Hydra.

I still think you should block Greater Demons because they have 9 weighting on Duradel and I doubt Wyrms will be revealed to have equal or higher, so you should just skip them if you don't feel like doing them.

I'll send you a PM of what my loot tab looked like from 1-99 Slayer doing the most XP/h efficient way.

Thanks man 

1 hour ago, PENROSE said:

lmfao whats so hard about it..? kill shit = level up

and this guy right here publishing a fucking book on a botting forum rofl going into detail about blocks and shit

kill stuff = 99 slayer 

boom best advice so far this thread

False there is a method to achieve max slayer xp/hr 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Vorkath said:

I found Nieve gives more afkable and often more xp/hour mobs, while Duradel's higher level monsters are more profit oriented.

Any cannon task is good. Anything you need to solo manually is bad.

I'd much prefer a Black Demon task with cannon to something like Gargoyles. Playing manually without cannon is a PITA.