Flagged IP

ABottersDream

If youre not a goldfarmer and the network identifier isnt coming from sone datacenter proxy i wouldnt worry at all. Public wifi is a thing and they wouldnt flag anyone if some1 was casually botting in schools wifi for example and got banned. Personally ive botted fine with previous ban record on static ip address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABottersDream said:

I am 99% sure my IP has been flagged. Just curious if I was to call my internet provider and ask them to change my IP. Would this make my IP not flagged again? Or would they be able to instantly flag it again as I would be using the same computer from the same location.

I wouldn't bother, sounds like a hassle. How often do you plan on calling your ISP to change your IP?

Besides, I highly doubt you're flagged unless you've been mass-creating accounts from one IP. I've had thousands of bans over the years on my home IP and I've never been flagged at all.

What makes you think you're flagged?

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

My friend a year or so ago got hit with a gold farm ban and any account he logged in on his IP was instantly perm banned, he eventually got around it by getting his IP changed. He then gave up on his bot farm but if you intend too continue with one i would suggest proxies as some internet providers wont change your IP for you or will only do it so often.

1 hour ago, DeadPk3r said:

My friend a year or so ago got hit with a gold farm ban and any account he logged in on his IP was instantly perm banned, he eventually got around it by getting his IP changed. He then gave up on his bot farm but if you intend too continue with one i would suggest proxies as some internet providers wont change your IP for you or will only do it so often.

This is doubtful as IP banning someone is literally the stupidest form of a ban because it doesn't actually remove the account from the game (or at least it didn't use to). In order to make an IP ban effective, Jagex has to BOTH ban the account and the IP, but banning someone's IP doesn't do shit to stop them from playing thanks to Proxies/MAC spoofing. There is almost no reason to ever issue an IP ban since it's basically non-effective to begin with.

Edited by poptartjake

4 hours ago, poptartjake said:

This is doubtful as IP banning someone is literally the stupidest form of a ban because it doesn't actually remove the account from the game (or at least it didn't use to). In order to make an IP ban effective, Jagex has to BOTH ban the account and the IP, but banning someone's IP doesn't do shit to stop them from playing thanks to Proxies/MAC spoofing. There is almost no reason to ever issue an IP ban since it's basically non-effective to begin with.

Well it happened too him i don't really care if you believe me or not, and i didn't say it deleted his account?, i said any account he logged onto was instantly banned, i would've said he was HWID banned but when his ip changed he ended up being able to play again.

29 minutes ago, ABottersDream said:

If I bot for even half an hour I get banned

Go download a macro recorder (mouse/keyboard recorder) of your choice, create a new account, then try doing something simple like powercutting trees or power mining rune ess (minimal clicks & no competition). Make a macro of around 15 minutes to an hour depending on how you're feeling and let it run indefinitely on either the official client or Runelite. 

This should help determine if you're IP is being watched. If it is, the account won't last longer than 24-48 hours at most I'm guessing. If not, you probably won't get banned for 5-7+ days.