Infernal Capes

Keebler

So Im going to assume this is from people having other people log on different IP and do inferno. 

Is this possible for them to have tracked teamviewer as a program aside osrs? I know thats malware but would anybody know anything that might make this possible from the osrs client for the future?

Edited by Keebler

First, I'd say that it's probably only 1/4 of that number. Jagex tends to exaggerate and inflate their actual number of bans/mutes etc or whatever it may be. Secondly, I doubt they can detect anything running through your computer such as teamviewer.  Third of all, I don't think anyone on this forums can answer that with confidence. 

Edited by dragonite3000

My friend bought off-site 4 capes, all the capes were removed. Accounts were made on diffrent location, used on same location as creation etc (country, city etc.) but still capes removed, bans were placed (capes were made over teamviewer connection so np stranger ip's).

Yet if he lost 4 capes + got 4 bans, he might just shown off in game and yeah. Anythings possible.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:16 PM, dragonite3000 said:

First, I'd say that it's probably only 1/4 of that number. Jagex tends to exaggerate and inflate their actual number of bans/mutes etc or whatever it may be. Secondly, I doubt they can detect anything running through your computer such as teamviewer.  Third of all, I don't think anyone on this forums can answer that with confidence. 

There’s no way for them to detect tv since they don’t have access to your computer...

to be able to see if you have tv or other similar programs they’d need access to your computer past the client itself. If they had that type of permissions they’d just ban everyone who has a bot downloaded.  

8 hours ago, Gorilla Sensei said:

Do you have a source for this

He’s just guessing. 

Im sure a lot of idiots had someone log into their own account and that resulted in a ban. 

Others paid via gp and then got the infernal shortly thereafter, after many failed attempts normally...which brings up another red flag. 

Only way to really be safe is to pay via pp or some other non rs payment and have it done via pp. this way there’s nothing linking you to anything, aside from any bragging you make to people in game about how you paid for your cape.