Shedding some light.

Decode

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I never said I was wondering that. I said that I'm worried that the current punishment could enable him to scam more members of the community. This wasn't a single offence, and considering how bad the scamming was, an apology would have to be *very* good and coupled with some meaningful steps towards change for me to even begin to consider it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you think that I'm accusing you of that, I am genuinely asking if you're feeling that, maybe you should start by blaming the management and how they handle these situations rather than blaming butlers himself, it should be easy enough to just remove him from the site and track his ip address with other new accounts created, I also don't think a bunch of very eloquent words will convince you even if he provides it, actions taken are wayyy more important here. I personally would keep him away from the site for the security of the customers that come around who want service, the fact that the management isn't doing that is worrying.

• Like 1

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm just curious as to whether butlers made any proactive measures towards reforming?

• His apology barely admitted guilt and glossed over what he actually did.
  • He was scamming and ban evading for months, nobody can argue that this was a mistake or a lapse in judgement
  • He didn't even receive a suspension - a TWC is literally the lightest form of punishment osbot can provide, and the fact that there's no set date to guarantee the punishment constitutes more than a slap on the wrist worries me.

I talked to him on voice today. I feel this is what needs to be done. A lot of people here have a shady past. It is runescape after all. 

Nonetheless this will be locked now. If you have any actual information needed you can pm me. This isn't up for debate. We unbanned a user who paid all his debt back, just like we do every other scammer. Sorry if you are a market user and feel threatened so you are crying in a private discord right now. ?

• Boge 2