Improve my safety?

S7ewie

I been lurking around for a bit now, reading posts and making a few of my own. I started a new account last weekend and tried a few premium bot scripts with decent success. I wanted to see if I could find a few tips on how to improve my own safety (I know nothing is ever 100% safe). 

It seems that methods vary depending on the goal. I only have the one OSRS account (I have an RS3 account too but I haven’t played it in years). I play it, questing, grinding etc. It’s not a money making account. I do care about it but if it does get banned I’m not gonna cry about it haha. I use botting for some level grinding whilst I’m watching tv or doing jobs around the house. So I keep an eye on it.

My main concern is that I play on the standard client so I’d now have to switch to osbot whenever I want to bot, and if they can detect the client I imagine that’d look a tad suspicious. Is that what the mirror mode is supposed to negate (the view on that seems to be very mixed)? I don’t use a VPN or Proxy either, should i (again, very mixed opinions)?

Any other tips would be welcomed :)

Thanks

25 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

I been lurking around for a bit now, reading posts and making a few of my own. I started a new account last weekend and tried a few premium bot scripts with decent success. I wanted to see if I could find a few tips on how to improve my own safety (I know nothing is ever 100% safe). 

It seems that methods vary depending on the goal. I only have the one OSRS account (I have an RS3 account too but I haven’t played it in years). I play it, questing, grinding etc. It’s not a money making account. I do care about it but if it does get banned I’m not gonna cry about it haha. I use botting for some level grinding whilst I’m watching tv or doing jobs around the house. So I keep an eye on it.

My main concern is that I play on the standard client so I’d now have to switch to osbot whenever I want to bot, and if they can detect the client I imagine that’d look a tad suspicious. Is that what the mirror mode is supposed to negate (the view on that seems to be very mixed)? I don’t use a VPN or Proxy either, should i (again, very mixed opinions)?

Thanks

In my personal experience, mirrormode with minimal botting works just fine. Different IPs would probably only look weird and VPNs could very well have IPs that are used by other people to bot on. If you're just running one account and botting a little here and there I recon it'd be best to not use one. 

Mind you though, if you really don't want an account banned you'll just have to not bot I'm afraid ?

4 minutes ago, Solution said:

In my personal experience, mirrormode with minimal botting works just fine. Different IPs would probably only look weird and VPNs could very well have IPs that are used by other people to bot on. If you're just running one account and botting a little here and there I recon it'd be best to not use one. 

Mind you though, if you really don't want an account banned you'll just have to not bot I'm afraid ?

Thank you!

Yeah like I said if I get banned it’s not the end of the world. I’ll survive haha. Yeah that’s what I thought about VPNs etc.

So mirror mode will allow me to use osbot but make it look like I’m running the standard client? I play a lot more than I bot and when I do bot it’s only for short periods on premium scripts so I think I’m doing as much as I can? As I said, I know nothing will ever been 100% safe :)

11 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

Thank you!

Yeah like I said if I get banned it’s not the end of the world. I’ll survive haha. Yeah that’s what I thought about VPNs etc.

So mirror mode will allow me to use osbot but make it look like I’m running the standard client? I play a lot more than I bot and when I do bot it’s only for short periods on premium scripts so I think I’m doing as much as I can? As I said, I know nothing will ever been 100% safe :)

Yep, you got it! ?

44 minutes ago, Solution said:

Yep, you got it! ?

Holy shit your alive. :doge:

1 hour ago, S7ewie said:

Thanks

Solution summed it up nicely man. your also always welcome to hit me up on PM. Goodluck :)