[FIXED- Don't Use Osbuddy] 2.5.18+ Screen Freeze

DylanSRT

Edit: In case someone is reading this retroactively, the issue seems to have been caused by an Osbuddy update, not Osbot. It works fine with regular OSRS client. In fact, I wish I used this client sooner. It loads way faster than when mirroring Osbuddy.

I was so pumped to update my osbot this morning as I thought we would get the Mirror mode fix but it is still same as 18. Can we please revert back to whatever we had in V17? I don't understand why you make updates to the non-paying version of the bot if it breaks the mirror version which you have paying customers for. Seems like a bad business model. I'm sure there are technical things behind the scenes that I don't know about, but please just work on this as first priority.

Edited by cooldoruk60

25 minutes ago, cooldoruk60 said:

I was so pumped to update my osbot this morning as I thought we would get the Mirror mode fix but it is still same as 18. Can we please revert back to whatever we had in V17? I don't understand why you make updates to the non-paying version of the bot if it breaks the mirror version which you have paying customers for. Seems like a bad business model. I'm sure there are technical things behind the scenes that I don't know about, but please just work on this as first priority.

The client version is 100% unrelated to mirror mode version.

20 minutes ago, cooldoruk60 said:

Okay fair enough, then why are we unable to just revert back to whatever we had in V17 mirror mode. Something must have been changed to make it not work in 18 right?

Once again, the client version is completely unrelated to any functionality of mirror mode. Reverting back to version 17 wont solve whatever problem exists (which I'm still not sure what you're referring to). Could you elaborate on the problem?

39 minutes ago, Alek said:

Once again, the client version is completely unrelated to any functionality of mirror mode. Reverting back to version 17 wont solve whatever problem exists (which I'm still not sure what you're referring to). Could you elaborate on the problem?

Yes Alek, I appreciate your looking into this. Basically, everything loads normally and looks like it is working. You are even able to log on. But as soon as you are logged on, the first time you click on the client, both the mirror and original client freeze for good. This never happened to me in V17 so something must have changed. I am using Windows also. Thanks.

1 hour ago, cooldoruk60 said:

Yes Alek, I appreciate your looking into this. Basically, everything loads normally and looks like it is working. You are even able to log on. But as soon as you are logged on, the first time you click on the client, both the mirror and original client freeze for good. This never happened to me in V17 so something must have changed. I am using Windows also. Thanks.

What does the logger say

2 minutes ago, cooldoruk60 said:

image.thumb.png.82fae3f11425cf6648e0d45cb680b534.png

It says nothing. It is frozen at this point right as I click on the client for the first time. You can see the original screen on the right goes pitch black. I guess it's not happening to everyone, but it's definitely not just me either. 

Well I don't work on mirror mode but nothing seems out of the ordinary for the client as a whole, best bet is to wait for MGI to take a look.

11 minutes ago, Alek said:

Well I don't work on mirror mode but nothing seems out of the ordinary for the client as a whole, best bet is to wait for MGI to take a look.

I think I figured out the problem.. It must have been osbuddy that updated something. I tried on the regular os client and it works. I don't even use osbuddy but I was just using it since I didn't have os loader installed. So I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who is having issues is using a client like osbuddy.

• Like 1

• DylanSRT changed the title to [FIXED- Don't Use Osbuddy] 2.5.18+ Screen Freeze