Can Jagex actually detect game clients?

Dab in a Lab

My ip was flagged a few weeks ago, and I would get banned after ~15min of botting while testing bugs in my script. I used a proxy after that and was able to bot 2-3 days with no breaks before getting a ban.

My proxy expired last night and I made a brand new account this morning without one. I don't have any osrs clients installed other than Osbot, so I just played on that. I manually did tutorial island and some moneymakers to get some gp to test my script again, since I don't have any accounts anymore, and after 2 or 3 hours of buying random shit in different stores, I got hit with a perm ban.

I'm not saying Jagex is constantly monitoring what clients people use, but since my ip is flagged, maybe they were keeping an eye on my client usage?

Just now, BronzeTier said:

Or... maybe your IP is flagged 

If the client was detected everyone would be banned and you'd see more people complaining like you, and posting tinfoil hat shit. 

If you took a minute to read my post, thats exactly what I stated...

Edited by Dab in a Lab

Just now, Dab in a Lab said:

If you took a minute to read my post, thats exactly what I stated...

I did read the post.

Maybe if you had a brain?
IF THE CLIENT WAS DETECTED EVERYONE LOGGING IN WOULD BE BANNED WHO USES OSBOT. is that hard to understand? 

Your IP is more than likely flagged as a botter and or you just have very shitty luck. 

Edited by BronzeTier

Just now, BronzeTier said:

I did read the post.

Maybe if you had a brain?
IF THE CLIENT WAS DETECTED EVERYONE LOGGING IN WOULD BE BANNED WHO USES OSBOT. is that hard to understand? 

3 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

I'm not saying Jagex is constantly monitoring what clients people use, but since my ip is flagged, maybe they were keeping an eye on my client usage?

Oh if only you could read

2 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Oh if only you could read

Exactly, so you're complaining about bans with a flagged IP. "Client must be detected boys" 

Here let me prove I read: what sense does it make to monitor what client you use if your IP is flagged, but not upon logging in regardless if flagged or not? That'd terminate botting right away, but for 1) they can't do that because the legit game clients with modifications use the same methods as botting clients to run Runescape, therefore multiple people would be false banned

Edited by BronzeTier

1 minute ago, BronzeTier said:

Exactly, so you're complaining about bans with a flagged IP. "Client must be detected boys" 

Its the fact I got banned without running a single script on the account... But I'm not gonna spell out every little thing for you. Give it a read next time ?

Just now, dude1122 said:

The truth is like with all things related to detection, we don't actually know anything.

Well we know one thing; they don't give af and don't want us on their game so they'll ban any bot on the same IP, and he keeps trying to bot on the same IP and wonders why he's getting banned

have you ever heard of the scientific method? you admitted that you don't have a control, quote "I don't have any osrs clients installed other than Osbot".

The client isn't detected and you even showed it yourself: "I used a proxy after that and was able to bot 2-3 days with no breaks before getting a ban."

Literally 100% of the evidence points towards it being an ip issue and you still think it's an issue with the client?

• Heart 1

Just now, ozeki6 said:

If by that you mean if you could somehow bot using their official client , yes.

My whole point was that I wasn't botting at all. According to the people that replied, Ill get banned playing regardless of the client I use...

I just installed the official osrs client and I'm going to make another new account and do the same thing and see what happens. I personally doubt I'll be banned