VPS issue [25M reward]

irwtonrs1

I keep getting locked out of some of my servers due to brute force attacks. If anyone can help me out with setting up whats ever needed to stop this I'll pay 20M 07. PM me discord/skype name and I'll add you. 

edit: 25M to whoever would like to help me with this. PM me your discord/skype name 

Edited by irwtonrs1

9 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

I keep getting locked out of some of my servers due to brute force attacks. If anyone can help me out with setting up whats ever needed to stop this I'll pay 20M 07. PM me discord/skype name and I'll add you. 

what OS u use? you should change you port to some random number from default.

i think it's in root/etc/rc.local 

change from port:2 to anything like port :9

this works on ubuntu 14.04 and similar, but doesn't on debian 8 (i run debian 8 so can't find how folder have to look - prnt screen it here, so i can tell)

open ETC folder

b48a5b1130ff1d4cfef43f054f7cec5c.png

look for rc.local --> edit

216ad93c143ae6461c219cb01837f4e6.png

Usually this happens because you've toggled your SSH. It means that your connection in insecure and any VNC or RDP can connect to it, meaning even if you get your password wrong once it may think you are trying to do a brute force attack and lock you out because it's super sensitive. I'd re-toggle SSH and use the recommend VNC / RDP that they provide.

Also make sure that the VPS you are using is actually windows, a lot of people think they've bought a windows VPS but its just ubuntu with a windows desktop themed layout.

4 hours ago, irwtonrs1 said:

edit: 25M to whoever would like to help me with this. PM me your discord/skype name 

I can easily help you, also remember the VNC password is automatically 8 characters maximum. If you still need this lmk.

• Like 1